Monday, December 4, 2017

Progress and a new start

Schlock with Gun - November 26th
This week I decided to try and focus on getting a bit of progress on things.  Of course, there were other things that took part of my time so that meant that I didn't get as much stitching done as I originally thought that I was going to be able to do.

Schlock with Gun - this is the project that I decided that I was going to try and see if I could get a bit of progress on before the beginning of December.

Schlock with Gun - December 3rd
I was able to get a bit more of the outline done and have started to fill in some of the body colour so that has helped some. I will see how much of it I can work on this coming week as my schedule looks pretty busy at the beginning of the week and not sure what the rest of the week will look like. Just being able to fill in some of the areas right now is making me happy because it also says that I am making progress on one of the art show pieces.

Mystery Sampler Stitch Along - October 22nd
Mystery Sampler Stitch Along - now this project hasn't get a lot of attention for a while so I decided that I would pull it out and work on it one day this last week. I decided to try and get some of the outlines done so that I can quickly feel in different sections when i pull it back out.

Mystery Sampler Stitch Along - November 29th
Swans - December 2nd
I would really like to see some progress on this sampler before too long but have to say that it isn't going to be seeing a lot of attention through the month of December as I have other projects that I would like to work on first. I know that I can pick this up when I feel like working on something that is just one colour so will see when that happens again.

Swans - now this is a new start that I decided was going to be my December 1st start.  I am not sure why I said it would be started on December 1st but I am aiming to have it finished by the end of April if things go well.

This design is something that I converted from a picture to a cross-stitch so now I am looking forward to seeing how it will turn out. The fabric is a hand-dyed piece of 28 count Lugana and I think that the colours are great for a picture with swans on it.    It doesn't look like much right now and I have to admit that I started it on the 1st and didn't like the original fabric that I was using so have restarted it on the 2nd on this fabric and like how the design is appearing better on this fabric.

This week is going to be another busy week for me as I am at a conference for three days so that means that there isn't going to be a lot of time to relax those days so my stitching basically will be happening over the weekend. Depending on what time I get home each evening I may have a few minutes to myself but I will also need to do the work that needs my attention as well.

No comments: