Monday, July 25, 2016

335

More hats
Yes, the subject line for this post is a little different but it also has a lot of meaning. This
is the number of days from September 1, 2015 through July 31, 2016.  Of course, that doesn't mean a lot until I say that I decided to see if I could actually make 335 hats between September 1 and July 31.

The good news is that as of July 24th I have been able to crochet 335 hats and am very happy with that.  Now to see how many more hats I can get completed before July 31st.  The reason I had July 31st as my end date is because it means that on July 29th I am going to be dropping off some hats and afghans at the hospital.  I have been getting a friend to drop hats off throughout the year but now it is my turn to do the delivery.  The hat count for this delivery is only around 70 hats right now but will see how many more I will be able to get finished this week.

Halloween hat
As promised here it the Halloween hat that I was making.  The colour isn't as bright as it is in person but I am happy wit how they are turning out.  I had thought about putting little stems on the top of each hat but then I decided that the hats don't need the extra bits on them.  I am still having fun crocheting more Halloween and Santa hats so that is what I am going to be working on this week.

The baby afghan that I started is finally starting to come along and I now have 8 of the squares completed and joined.  I am trying to decide if it is going to be a square or rectangle afghan.  Part of me is going to leave it until I have at least the 16 squares done and then I will determine if I want it bigger or not.  Another part of me is looking at it and wanting to make it a rectangle so will have to see what really happens as the week goes by.

Granny square afghan
The heat has slowed me down on the crafting and I have to admit that cross-stitch is something that I would love to be doing but considering the heat I haven't done any. I am hoping that this week I will be able to start working on a project that I am doing based on another picture.  It feels nice being able to do some of the designing and then start to see the image some to life.

There are a few things that I need to get done today so I am going to get them done and then if I can find a cool spot to craft. I would love to get another four or five Santa hats done this week before I do the delivery, as well as a couple more Halloween hats.  If the weather cooperates I will be able to get this hats done and if it is too hot I know that the hats will just be delivered on a different trip and probably by my friends.

As for now I am going to try and get some work done and see how things go.  If you are dealing with the heat and humidity like we are, stay cool.


No comments: