Monday, July 27, 2015

Stitching

Schlock with gun - June 22nd
This week after finishing my Celtic Butterfly I decided it was time to try and work on something that I had started for a little while. I don't have a shortage of projects like this so it was just a matter of figuring out which one I would actually start working on.

The one that caught my attention was Schlock with gun because it is a simpler pattern and something that I can work on while sitting on the balcony. With the weather that we have been having, we are spending quite a bit of time on the balcony in the evenings. Schlock with gun doesn't have too many colours so it is something that is easy to work on while sitting outside.

Schlock with gun - July 26th
I really wanted to start the next version of the Celtic Butterfly but decided that it would be a good idea to try and make some progress on something else for a little while first. Of course, besides wanting to start Celtic Butterfly I have another project that is currently sitting and waiting to be started.

The new project is for our office and it is from a picture that I took a few years ago at the Toronto Zoo.  I love polar bears so I am going to be stitching a picture of one facing us.  It is a project that is going to take some time because it will be 18"x12" once it's completed.

This coming weekend is a long weekend for us so I hope that I will be able to find some quality time to stitch. Just being able to focus on a project for a little while also means that I might be able to make some good progress on one of them.

Hopefully this week I can make some good progress on at least one of my projects and will see what the results are next week.  Until then, I have some work that needs to be completed so heading off to do just that.



No comments: