Monday, April 27, 2015

Week results

Schlock with gun - April 19th
This past week I have been able to spend some time stitching and am very happy with the progress that I have been especially on Schlock. 

I know that right now he is looking a little funny considering I have been working on one colour at a time.  By working this way it means that some of the shading looks extremely funny but that won't be for long.  I did get quite a bit done and that is even after I (well my husband helped) frogged one colour that I had completed last week.  Of course when do I discover the issue but only after I had finished all the sections requiring the one colour. 
Schlock with gun - April 26th

I guess being stressed and trying to stitch really don't go together too well and that proved it.  I was able to get all the areas restitched and even got a bit more accomplished so that did make me feel a little better.

Now as for the princess I decided that if I wanted to get it completed quickly I would be better to be doing it on 18th aida so I restarted it this week.  I am hoping that this piece will hang in a little girl's bedroom once it is done so figured it would also be a little bigger as well. 

Princess - April 26th
I didn't pick up a cross-stitch piece at all this weekend as I decided to give my hands a bit of a rest and do some knitting. I had a shawl that I have been working on for a while so figured it was time that I sat down and did a little bit of work on it so that is what I did Friday evening.

As I was knitting I was thinking about another shawl pattern that I had and wanted to figure out what colour I would make the next shawl out of.  I got it down to three colours that I had and they were indigo, rose and light blue.  I kept looking at the three colours and I couldn't decided especially between the two blues which one I wanted to use for the shawl.  Now this is where the problem begins.

Merino lace weight yarn - windstorm by Dye-Version
I decided that I would take the three colours and the pattern over to my husband and get his opinion on which colour I should use.  The problem was I took the pattern and when he looked at the pattern his comment was "it would really look nice in a variegated/hand-dyed yarn".  See the problem was not one of the yarns that I was holding fit that definition.  I was trying to stitch my project from my stash and not have to purchase a yarn for it.  Now the thing was that Saturday there was a Knitter's Frolic being held not far from us so that meant that I had something to look for while I was there.  Yes, my husband drove me and went in with me so that we could look at the different hand dyed yarns and see if there was anything that I liked.  Of course, there was a lot of different ones that I liked but I needed to make sure I would love the shawl once it was done.  After walking around the show twice I found two different colours that I liked so now the decision.  I asked my husband which one he liked after handing him the two I had seen and he helped me decide on the lighter of the two versions of the yarn, so I got it.

The yarn of course isn't in a skein but a hank so once we got home from our other running around I got the wool winder out and we set out to at least get one of the hanks wound so that I could start the shawl on Saturday. 

The good news is I started the shawl on Saturday and have been making some really good progress on it already.  The bad news is I didn't take a picture of the shawl yet so that is going to have to wait until I get the camera and the shawl in the same location.  The yarn in the picture is the yarn that I am using for the shawl and I am loving how it is turning out so far.

Well it is Monday morning and I have a lot of work that I need to get done today so I better get working on it.



No comments: