Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A finish and a start

Schlock with Dice - finished April 14th
I am very happy to say that I finished stitching my first Schlock piece last night.  It was a pattern that I really enjoyed working on and am pleased with how it turned out.

Schlock with gun - new project
Last night I didn't have a lot of this piece to finish so as soon as I got home from the office I decided to try and get it finished.  Of course within the hour the piece was finished and I was looking for the next piece to stitch.  I do have a lot of pieces that are already started but I decided that I was going to work on another small project that shouldn't take me too long to complete.

The piece that I decided on was another Schlock piece but this time it is him with a gun.  The colours in the picture aren't as good as I would like but it give you the idea of how much I was able to accomplish last night.

It feels so great having this smaller projects to complete as they work up quickly.  Of course I am going to have to get back to some of the other projects that I have started.

Of course these two Schlock cross-stitch will be displayed in our home as my husband is a big Schlock fan.  I am going to wait to frame these two pieces until they are both completed so that I am make sure they both look good in the same frame.
Schlock with gun - April 14th

Work is now calling me so I better get to it and then this evening I will be able to curl up and do some stitching while watching the hockey playoffs.

1 comment:

ChaosAdventurer said...

That isn't just a gun, but a Strohl Munitions BH-209m/i Plasma Cannon
Schlock as used both the m and i variants, with the m (for Mormon) variant being the earlier one that had explosive problems if exposed to alcohol. The i (for Irish) fixed that 'little' problem.