Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Weekend Progress

Bargello by Teresa Wentzler

Someone Was Here - by David Ellison
So I finally remembered that I was going to post a picture of my progress for this past weekend.

The first picture is of a Bargello by Teresa Wentzler.  I got this kit in 2009 at the Creative Festival when I took the course.  I never started this kit and really don't know why but I am glad I had it for now.  This pattern is working up very quickly and I am enjoying it.  It has been a simple pattern to work on and it has helped me learn now to do more cross-stitch with my right hand.  I hope to have this piece completed by the end of this coming weekend as I will be taking it to the Gitta's Getaway which is this weekend.

The second piece that I started is called Someone Was Here and was designed by David Ellison from Gitta's.  This is another project which I will be taking away with me this weekend to see how much of it I will be able to do.

The second project is on Aida cloth as I was having problems getting my needle into the holes of a linen so figured this would be easier for now.

I am slowing getting projects back into my routine even with the splint on my left thumb.  I know that I am not going to be as fast I am without the splint but at least I am getting things done again which makes me feel good.

So before this coming weekend I will post some pictures of where the projects stand before the weekend.  I know that the Bargello has changed quite a bit since the picture and I have also started another project as well this week.  I am going to have lots of projects to work on this weekend and will see what actually gets done and what new project I find at the NeedleWorkers Marketplace and start before getting home.

Now to see if I can get a few more stitches done on Someone was Here.

No comments: