Monday, July 15, 2024

A finish and a new start

Here it is the start of another week and yes it has been hot and humid here so that has meant that I haven't wanted to do a lot of crafting over the last week. I had also a bunch of work that needed to get done so that also took away from the time I could have crafted.
 
It looks like we are going to be having a few more days of hot and humid weather so that means that trying to get things done is going to be a bit more of a challenge, but I will see how things go.

Laver Shawl - here is the project that got the attention as I wanted to see if I could get it finished up quickly. I knew it was going to take some time to get the rest of the rows knit but it was the cast off that I knew was going to take a while to get done and it did.

This version of the shawl was a lot of fun to stitch, and I knew that being able to focus on it I might be able to get it done relatively quickly and I did. The cast off was an icord cast off which I hadn't done before so it meant that I had to figure out how to do it and then just sit and work on it until it was done.

It felt so good seeing that I was able get this shawl finished and as soon as the icord bind-off was done I got the ends sewn in so that I could say that the project was finished. Of course, finishing one project only means one thing and that is it is time to figure out what the next project is going to be.

I have lots of projects that I would like to start working on as I have lots of fingering weight yarn and still more on a wish list which I would like to get very soon.

Laver Shawl - Denim - so this weekend I wanted something that I could work on without having to think too much so I decided I would try and make another Laver Shawl but this time using the denim blue yarn that I have.  By the time the end of the weekend was here I had got to just over 15% finished and am looking forward to seeing how quickly I can get this done finished. 

Other projects - this past week I didn't pick up any cross stitch but that was ok because I was able to make some good progress on my kitting. I also was able to pick up and work on my English Paper Piecing for a little while so that has nice seeing some of that done as well.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time to do things that make you happy. The weather may make it a bit more of a challenge to get things done but at least getting things organized is moving projects forward.

This week I will see what projects I can move forward and maybe I will see if I can spend some time working on some cross stitch as well. Hope everyone has a good week and I hope to have some progress to show you next week.



No comments: