Monday, January 29, 2024

Some good progress and a quick finish

Here it is the start of another week and yes, another week where there are going to be other demands on my time and energy. I know that work has quite a few things that I need to get done, so that means that I am going to be focusing on those.

This week we are finally going to be seeing some sunshine which is good because I know that I have been missing it. Now to see how much of the sun we see as I know that I will enjoy what I can even if it's just seeing it through the window.

Star Touched Meadows Stitch Along - December - here is the project that got some attention this week as I am trying to get it finished before too long. I am not upset that I am behind on this project which is good.

I would like to see if I can at least get this piece over the 50% complete so that is going to be my goal for the beginning of this week. I have started to fill in some of the white stitches at the bottom of the piece, but you cannot see them very much right now.

I have been working on this piece differently than I did the November piece, so I am not certain which method of stitching I like the best. Maybe what I will be doing is each of the months will be done a little differently and that is just how I am gong to be doing the projects.

Christmas Mug Small - here is a project that got the attention over the weekend, and it didn't take me long to have a finish. This is a little small Christmas ornament that I decided that I wanted to stitch up quickly.

This was a free pattern from Shannon Christine Designs, and it was a fun project to do. I had decided that I wanted to make some small ornaments so when I saw this set of 12, I knew that they were going to be some of the ornaments that I made, so I have completed the first one.

Beach Haven Shawl - my knitting has got quite a bit of attention this week. This pattern is enjoyable to work on and the number of stitches on the needle grows very quickly. Last week I started with 3 stitches and last Sunday I had 123 stitches on the needle which wasn't too bad.

After another week of stitching, I have 258 stitches on the needle and have to change to a circular needle because they just won't fit on the straight needle any long. By the time I finish this shawl there will be 517 stitches on this needle and I only have 60 rows left to go. It does feel good seeing the progress on this project.

Other projects - well I haven't had a lot of time to work on any of the other projects, but I am happy with the progress that I have made on these items. My English Paper piecing projects have got a bit of attention which is good but again not as much as i would have liked. Hopefully soon I will get back to working on some of those items again. 

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to take that personal time to recharge your battery. I know that there have been says in the last week where my recharge was just sitting quietly and doing nothing at all. It was what I wanted, and it was also enjoyable.

This is the last post for January and hopefully everyone has made it through another month and yes, this one did feel very long. If things go well, I should have something to show you next week and I will write my EPP blog on Thursday.  Have a great week and see you then.






No comments: