Monday, January 15, 2024

A finish and a bit of progress

Here it is the start of another week. I hope if you are in an area like we are where it is very cold that you are staying warm. This morning the temperature at 8:30 am was 10F (feeling like -8F) or -12C (feeling like -22C). Yes, it is very cold out and I am thankful that we can work from home most of the time. I do feel sorry for anyone having to wait for transit or walk a distance in this weather.

Edna Verenia Nichol - 1884 - here is the piece that got almost all  the attention this week. I have enjoyed working on this piece and as always, I love working on a red sampler.

My goal for this project was to have it finished by the end of the month and I am happy to say that I was able to get it finished by the 13th of the month. Once I was able to sit and focus on this project it moved forward at a good rate.

By Friday, I knew that I was getting close to a finish so between Friday and Saturday I focused on moving this project to a finish and am very happy with the overall sampler. I love being able to work on monochromatic piece because you don't have to think about changing thread colours and all you have to think about is just stitching.  Now that this piece is finished it's time to turn my focus onto some other projects.

Star Touched Meadows Stitch Along - December - after finishing Edna it was time to pull this project back out and see if I can make a bit of progress on it.  As you can see, I was able to add a few stitches to this project, but I didn't get much done.

This project might have got an hour of attention on Sunday, but at least it was moved forward again which is what I have wanted to do. This coming week I hope to be able to make some more progress on it as it would be nice to start to see the lower area of the design completed. I am not planning on leaving all the white stitches to the end this time so I am hoping that I can at least work on small areas of white at a time.

This is now going to be the focus piece for a little while as I would like to see if I can get December finished quickly and maybe even get a start on January before the end of the month. I think the progress will also depend on other things that are going on so will just have to wait and see what happens.

Something else that I have been thinking about is trying to have some small quick projects that I can work on when I need a break from my bigger pieces. I am not someone that enjoys doing all small projects so just having some that I can work on sometimes might be nice. Now to just figure out what the projects are going to be so that I can figure out if that will work.

Toque - here is the knitting project that I was able to work on one day this week. I didn't even take a new picture of the toque because I ended up only adding around 4 - 6 rows on the piece so there isn't much of a difference.

Other projects - I didn't work on any other projects this week but am thinking that some of them might come back out now that I have finished my first cross stitch for the year. Edna Nichol was my focus as I wanted to get it completed and now that it is done maybe I will spend some time working on some of the other ideas that I have.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time for yourself each day. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you take that bit of time to do something that you enjoy doing.  I am not certain what I will be working on this week but hopefully next week I will have something to show you.

If it is cold where you are please, try and stay warm and safe. I hope to see everyone next week with a bit of progress on something.

No comments: