Wednesday, November 1, 2023

English Paper Piecing - October progress

Here it is the start of another month, and it is time to show some of the progress that I have been able to  \make on the different English Paper Piecing projects that I have been working on. This past month I focused on just two of the projects and I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on both.

Table Runner - here is the piece that I decided that I wanted to try and get moved forward some so that meant sitting and working on getting more of the motifs added to the actual runner. It does make me happy to see that I was able to make a bit of progress on it.

This project is now at the point that if I could focus on it I would be able to get the top of the runner completed before too long. I still need to figure out the number of motifs I have left to add to this project and then maybe I can work on just getting it done. It would be nice to see this runner closer to a finish so that might be something that I try and focus on in the next couple of months, but we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Scrap Throw - here is the project that seems to have got the most attention and part of that is because it was easy to work on when I was trying to juggle a lot of other things. It was nice to have a project that I could work on a little bit at a time and see progress on it.

What I decided to do with this project was to work on joining sections of motifs together so that it might be easier to get them attached to the overall scrap throw. Having these little pieces with me makes it easier to work on and it means that I am not carrying around the big throw when I don't have a lot of time to work on it.

Now that I have a bunch of groups/flowers completed I hope that I can start to add them to the scrap throw and maybe see how quickly that goes. I hope that doing the piecing this way will also help more the project forward a little quicker.

The other thing that I did in October was to continue to make some of the denim motifs that I need for this throw as they are going to be part of the border. I know that being able to get these motifs made would be great, but I need to get more of the inside of the throw put together because a lot of denim motifs will come in happy.

Other projects - I didn't work on any of the other EPP projects that I have on the go as I was trying to just focus on moving a couple of them forward instead of trying to work on too many at once. Now that it is November, I will see what projects I work on.

I am really enjoying working on the different projects and I know that there are a couple that I haven't touched for a while and maybe it's time for me to pull them out and see what I can get done on them. I have 30 days to work on my projects again this month and I will see what happens. 

If things go well, I should have some more progress to show you at the end of November. I am not certain which projects will get my attention, but I hope that at least a couple of them do get a bit of time this month. Have a great month and I will see you for another EPP update on December 1st.





 

No comments: