Monday, October 30, 2023

Making some good progress

Here it is the start of another week and I know that I have lots of things that need my attention this week. I hope that I can continue to move things forward a little bit at a time.

Pandemic - here is the cross stitch piece that got some attention in the last week. I am very happy with the progress that I have been able to make on this piece since I picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

I am trying to work on small sections of the piece at a time and it seems to be helping. What I have been doing is picking one small area and then work on it. It seems to be helping me move this project froward as I am seeing more of it done each time, I put it down. I didn't have a lot of time this past week to work on Pandemic, but I am happy with what I was able to get done.

Curling Mist Shawl - here is the knitting project that I have been working on. It makes me happy to see that I have been able to continue to move this project forward. I didn't have a lot of time to knit last week so i didn't get as much progress done as I would have liked. Now to see what this week is like and maybe I will be able to spend some time working on the shawl.

I have at least been able to finish the first ball of yarn on this project and I am just about at 40% complete for the stitching on this shawl. It makes me happy to see how it is coming along. Of course, there is still a long way to go because I am at 169 stitches, and I need to get to 268 stitches. Lots more knitting to go on this project but I am enjoying it and look forward to continuing to move it forward.

Other projects - I haven't had a lot of time in the last week to work on things so no other project has been touched. Hopefully this week I will be able to see a bit more progress on different projects, but I will have to wait and see. I do know that given that I didn't have a lot of time last week I am happy with what I did get done. 

I hope everyone continues to find that little bit of time each day to do something for yourself. It doesn't have to be a lot of time but even those few minutes of sitting quietly and doing nothing is good. It gives us the time to relax and recharge our personal battery. Last week I was at a conference for two days and just finding that quiet spot and doing nothing felt so good.

If things go well this week, I hope to have some more progress to show you next week. I will also have an English Paper piecing blog up later this week to show you the progress that I have made on these projects. Have a good week and enjoy that time that you take for yourself.

No comments: