Monday, November 27, 2023

Another week and three finishes

Here it is the start of another week, and I was able to make a little bit of progress on things last week. Now to see if I can continue to make progress on things this week. It is going to be a busy week so will have to see what I can get done when I have the bits of time to myself.

I have been working on getting a bunch of things organized so I didn't spend as much time working on my crafting but that didn't bother me as I was able to at least get progress on things.

Star Touch Meadows - November - here is the cross stitch that got some attention as I wanted to see how much of it, I could get done before the end of the month.

I was trying to make some progress on it as the next section of the stitch along comes out this coming Friday. It would be nice to see more of this done otherwise I am going to feel way behind on this project. I know that each of these sections are a full coverage piece so they aren't going to be something that I will get done in the month unless I just focus on doing this project.

It does feel good seeing that I am getting some of the colours completed and that is what I have been trying to focus on for a while. I was going to work in sections of the piece but decided to try and work on a colour at a time and see if I could get it done on the entire piece and it has been helping. I have finished three of the colours so far and now to work on getting more done.

Holiday Cardinal - here is a project that worked up nice and quickly this week. I wanted to make some Christmas ornaments so found this pattern. It is Holiday Cardinal by Pigeon Coop Designs. It was a fun piece to do and instead of the French knots that the pattern called for I put beads in instead. It didn't take me long to stitch this ornament up and get it into the frame. Now to see if I can get the rest of the ornaments completed before too long. I hope to be able to focus on getting the other ornaments completed in the next couple of weeks so that they are finished.

Scissor fob - here is another quick project that I got done this past week. I had decided that I wanted a scissor fob for my cross stitch scissors that I use so made this in the past week. It was fun to work on and something that doesn't take a lot of materials to do.

Curling Mist Shawl - this has been my knitting focus piece as I wanted to see if I could get it completed by the end of November. The last set of rows were taking a long time to complete, but I was determined to see if I could get this shawl off the needles in the last week. 

Last week I decided to focus on this for a couple of days to see if I could get it finished and by Wednesday it was finally off the needles. It has felt really good getting this project completed as it was getting very long. I still have to sew in the ends but at least it is off the needle and hopefully before the end of the month the ends will also be sewn in.

After finishing this shawl, I haven't picked up any knitting since as I have been trying to figure out what I am going to work on next.

Other projects - I haven't worked on any other projects in the last week but that doesn't bother me as I was able to get a few things achieved.

This week I will see what I can get done as I know that there are lots of things on my schedule, so it is going to be a busy week. I do hope that I can pick up my English Paper Piecing as that hasn't got a lot of attention this month.

I hope everyone continues to find that little bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy. Making sure that we can recharge our own personal batteries is important especially this time of year. 

Have a good week and I hope to have something to show next week.

No comments: