Monday, October 9, 2023

Progress, and a new start

Here it is the start of another week and hopefully a week where I can get things moved foreword. It is going to be a busy week, so will see what I can get done.

Last week we had temperatures in the high 20Cs with a humidex into the low 30Cs and this week the fall weather has returned, and we are back to temperatures in the mid teens. I think fall has officially arrived here now. 

Jolly Squirrel - I was able to make a bit of progress on this piece over the last week but not as much as I would have liked. I at least have been able to figure out the width of the piece so will see how it goes now that I have done that. 

This week I am going to continue to try and make a bit more progress on this piece as I would like to see it completed soon. I am liking how the colours are working together so will see how things go and how quickly I can get it done.

The total design is under 4 inches square when it's done so it should work up quickly when I can sit and focus on it instead of trying to do all the other things that I have been doing. It is different working on this project because it is smaller than a lot of the other things that I have been working on so even with just a little bit of time I can see progress on it which is great.

Star Touched Meadow SAL - here is a project that I started this weekend, and it is going to be a while before it is all completed. This is a 12-month stitch-along and the pattern comes out once a month and it officially runs from November 2023 - October 2024. Each of these projects are small full coverage pieces and are around 4 inches square once completed. I just started the November block after getting all of the threads and fabric ready. I will see how quickly this piece gets completed, but I would like to have it done before the next piece is released on December 1st.

Preemie blanket - this project has continued to get attention most days and I am happy with how much of it I have been able to get done. Now that the rows are getting shorter it seems to go so much faster. 

This week I hope that I can continue to work on this piece and see how much of it I can get done. It would be nice to see this blanket done before long and given it isn't very large, I hope to have it completed before I write my next blog next weekend.

Other projects - this past week I was able to pick up and work on my English Paper piecing for a little while and am happy with the progress that I made on it. Now to see how much more attention I can give those projects through the rest of the month so that I can have some good progress on them.

I hope everyone continues to find that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing. It doesn't matter how long you spend but taking that bit of time to yourself is what is important.

Next week I hope to have some more progress to show you. I know that this week I have lots of different things that need my attention, but I will continue to try and ensure I take that little bit of time each day to do something for myself and recharge my personal battery.

If you are in Canada, I would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving Day and if you down in the states Happy Columbus Day. I will see you next week with hopefully some more progress on my projects.

No comments: