Monday, July 24, 2023

Some progress on projects

Here it is the start of another week and hopefully one that is a little slower, so that I can see what I can get done. It is nice to be busy, but then there are the times that having too many things on the go doesn't work well either.

The weather here is again hot and humid so that does make it a little harder to get things done, but at least being able to sit on the balcony makes it a little easier to deal with. This week they are calling for hotter days, so will have to see what I can get done.

Jane Parson - here is the cross stitch piece that got the attention in the last week. I have been really enjoying working on this piece and am looking forward to seeing what it is like once it is finished. I haven't done a sampler with a lot of colours for a while, so I have been trying to figure out how to move it forward the easiest way possible.

I have been bouncing around on the project quite a bit and part of that is because I pick a colour and then see where it takes me. Yes, I could have worked from the bottom up one colour at a time, but this has been a lot more fun. I am seeing the entire project come to life and soon I will pick up some of the colours for the flowers and start to add them in all around the border.

I still have a lot of stitching to go to finish this project, but I am enjoying it and look forward to picking it up when I can. The one thing I haven't done is put pressure on myself to figure out when I would like this piece done by. I am going to work on it for a while and hopefully will get it close to a finish.

Preemie blanket - here is the knitting that I have been doing in the last week. I didn't get as much knitting done as I thought I would but at least I was able to add another 26 rows to the piece. It is a simple pattern and something that I should be able to pick up more often than I have. This is a project that I have said I could work on while sitting outside on the balcony and I think I have only done that once since I started the blanket.

What I am going to try and do now is make sure that when I am sitting outside, I have this project available because it would be nice to see more of this project done. It shouldn't take that long to get to the middle of the blanket, but that also means that I need to work on it instead of just sitting outside and doing nothing other than watching the neighbourhood.

Now to see what I can get done on this blanket in the coming week. It would be nice to see it continue to grow as it also means that the faster it grows the faster I use up some more of my yarn.

 Other projects - of course my EPP is still moving forward and there will be some progress to show at the end of the month on it. It has been the project that I have been trying to work on a little bit at a time and right now it has been getting quite a bit of attention.

I hope everyone is finding that relax time to do something for themselves each day. It doesn't have to be a long time but those few minutes each day does help. I am not sure what I will be working on this week and how much time I will have but hopefully I will have some more progress to show you next week.

No comments: