Monday, July 3, 2023

A finish and a bit of progress

Here it is the start of another week and another busy one for us. The weather here is also hot and humid so that means not a lot of crafting gets done.

This week I hope to be able to find bits of time to do something, but it will depend on how humid it is because trying to knit or stitch doesn't work too well when it's like that out.

Winter is Coming - here is a project that I was able to pick up and work on in the last week. I wanted to see if I could get it finished before the end of June and I did. I am happy with how it turned out and am now looking forward to doing the other three seasons. It was a nice quick stitch which is what I wanted. 

Diagonal Garter Shawl - this project did get a bit of attention this week but not as much as normal. I was busier than I have been and also the weather turned hot and humid and trying to knit something like this doesn't work too well. I worked on it a couple of days but that was about it so it didn't grow too much.

If I can find some time to work on this shawl this week it would be nice but given that the forecast is for hot and humid days, I don't think this will be getting a lot of attention. I do have some other knitting that I could be doing so maybe that is what I will try and do this week if even working on knitting will work. 

Knitting in the summer is always a little harder because you have to work on it when the yarn doesn't stick to your hand and when it is cool enough to have something resting on your legs. 

Other projects - over the weekend I was able to make some progress on my English Paper piecing projects so that has felt good. Now to see how much I can get done before the end of the month so that I might have some really good progress to show.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy. The recharging of the personal batteries is very important. Make sure that you find those few minutes each day to do something for you.

Hopefully I will have some progress to show you on something next week. Until then, have a good week and if you are dealing with the heat and humidity, try and stay cool.





 

No comments: