Saturday, July 1, 2023

English Paper Piecing - June progress

 Here it is the start of another month and time for an update on what I have been working on with regards to my English Paper Piecing Projects

Large Throw - this past month I decided it was time to try and get a lot of the motifs made for the third version of this throw. 

My focus was to try and get as many of the motifs made as I could and that is exactly what I did. I worked on making these motifs until I ran out of the templates that I had available.  What this means is I have to get back to joining motifs to the second throw so that I can start to free up the templates so that I can finish all the motifs for the third throw.

I hope to get back to working on the second throw soon as it would be nice to have that one finish. The first throw still is waiting to have the quilting finished and the binding added on.

Scrap Throw - the scrap throw project did get some attention this month as I decided it was something that I could work on and maybe get it moved forward.

I have now started to add more of the motifs to this project and have discovered an easier way to do that. Instead of just joining the motifs around and around like I have been doing I have decided to make small groups of the motifs and then add them to the overall throw.

This project is easy to work on when I am sitting outside because currently it is smaller and easier to move around. If I keep adding the motifs to it, it won't take long where this project is going to be something that I can't move around too easily just like the large motif throws.

I am still working on making some of the motifs as well because I haven't finished getting them all done. Once I have finished all the motifs for the middle of the throw, I am going to have to start working on making some of the motifs for the border that I want on this piece. This project is going to take a while to complete but I am having a lot of fun working on it.

Table runner - here is a project that I started a long time ago when I first started doing English Paper Piecing. It is going to be a table runner once I have finished joining all the motifs to it.

All of the motifs have been made for this project, so it is just a matter of sitting down and working on getting it finished. I am going to try and work on this project a bit at a time as it would be nice to have this project finished. I know that I started this project in 2020 and it hadn't seen any attention until I pulled it out and decided it was time to get it moved forward.

Other projects - I currently don't have any other projects on the go which is good given everything that I am working on. Of course, there are a few more ideas bouncing around in my head so that means that once I can get these projects done, I will have a lot of other ideas to choose from. There is fabric ready to be cut for a new project, but I am going to wait for a while before I even start cutting it because if the squares are ready, I would want to start making motifs.

If you are making motifs or joining motifs together, I hope that you are seeing progress. Next month I hope to have a bit more progress on these projects, but time and weather will determine what I get done.  Have a good month, and I will see you at the beginning of August.



No comments: