Monday, May 25, 2020

Some progress

Roses - May 18
Another week has come and gone, and I hope everyone continues to be safe.

As it was a four day work week last it meant that things got done at a different pace but things got moved forward. 

Roses - I continue to work on adding stitches to Roses as I would like to see this done before the end of September. I have been able to work on more of the one rose, and hopefully, before the end of this coming week I will be able to start working on the left side of this area. 

Roses - May 24
I don't get a lot of time to stitch, but when I do I have been able to get a couple of threads added, and that makes me feel good.  I am now close to finishing up this area, and then I will have to move the frame so that I continue to get more of this overall project done.  I am enjoying working on this piece as it is one colour, but even with that, it doesn't take too long to start to see more detail emerge when I sit and work on it.

This has been my focus piece for the last couple of weeks, and I am going to see what this week has in store.  I have a couple of other projects that I would like to work on even for a couple of days, so I will see what happens.

v-stitch shawl - May 3
V-stitch shawl - I have been slowly working on this project over the month and figured it was time to show some of the progress on it. As this project gets longer it gets harder to show in a picture, so that is why there hasn't been a weekly update.  Also, it is hard to show weekly updates when there isn't much of a change week over week.

I have almost finished the first ball of yarn for this shawl and then I will need to decide how much longer I want to shawl to be.  I haven't measured it yet either as I am waiting to see the length once this ball of yarn is done.  It has been a fun project to work on even if I can only get a row or two done each time I pick it up.

v-stitch shawl - May 24
I have been using this project when we have been trying to relax at the end of some days, as it is something that doesn't require a lot of concentration to complete.

English paper piece - I am continuing to work on this project as well, but there isn't a new picture for this week as I would just be showing another group of motifs sewn together.  Yes, I have been working on getting another couple of groups done, and then I will start to add them to the runner.


The weather here has now got very warm, and I think we missed most of spring as we had cool weather, and now they are calling for very warm weather today.

I hope everyone is staying safe, and you continue to find little bits of time to do the things that you enjoy doing for yourself.  This week, I will see what I work on, and hopefully, next week I will have some other pictures to show you what I have been working on.




No comments: