Monday, May 4, 2020

Another week with some progress

Mini Magic of Books - Apr 26
Here it is the start of another week, and another week of self-isolation or social distancing or whatever it is called now.  For us, it is social distancing and working remotely.

Mini Magic of Books - I continue to work on this project each week, and I am happy with the progress that I was able to get in on it. I have now finished all the black on the first two pages of this row of pages.  I am looking forward to adding more colour to these pages and see what it looks like. 

Mini Magic of Books - May 3
This project is still the one that I am working on for a Heaven and Earth challenge and I hope to complete the challenge this week.  I have another 1,700 stitches to do to finish the challenge, so hopefully, I can get them all done before the end of this coming weekend.

I love how this project is turning out and I hope to see more of it finished this month.

Jesus Wept - May 3
Jesus Wept - this is a project that I didn't think I would ever do, but I am happy that I have started it.  This project is a reproduction sampler and it was offered for free by Sassy Jacks Stitchery as part of the "Be Well" group of patterns that were released during March and April of this year.  This pattern was something that I looked at and decided that it might be something that I would try.

I had always said that I would never do a reproduction sampler because they didn't interest me.  Over the last year, I learned more about this type of sampler and started to want to try stitching one.  One thing I will say about stitching a reproduction sampler is that it is a challenge to stitch.  The chart is charted like the original piece, so if there are missing stitches or different colours they are included in the pattern.  It didn't take me long to figure out what you can't look at the pattern quickly and know where you are going.  You need to continually check the pattern because you might miss some of the changes the person originally stitching this pattern did.  Jesus Wept was stitched by a 9-year-old and I can say that it is going to be interesting to stitch this piece as I know that I have already run into a few areas that made me double-check the pattern.

v-stitch shawl in a ball - March 29
V-stitch shawl in a ball - I hadn't picked up my crocheting for a while, until this weekend, and I picked up a shawl that I started in March.

v-stitch shawl in a ball - May 3
It didn't take me long to see some progress on the shawl, and now I would like to get it finished quickly.  I know that I still have quite a bit of the actual shawl to finish, but hopefully, now that I have picked it up again I will be able to see some more progress on it before too long.


I am like a lot of other people and am working from home and also finding it a challenge to be at home all the time.  Sure, there are things that you can do a little easier when there isn't any commute time involved but it can also start to get to you after a few weeks.   I look forward to when things get back to normal and being out in public doesn't mean being in lines at stores or doing drive-thru to pick up a cup of coffee.

I hope everyone is still safe and well.  It is important to find a bit of time each day to do something for yourself during this time.  I continue to work on projects a bit at a time, so now to continue to do that and see when life gets back to normal, or at least to our new normal.




1 comment:

EvalinaMaria said...

All looks wonderful!