Monday, February 10, 2020

Some progress and a finish

Linen and Threads Ornament#1 - Feb 8
Here it is the start of another week and, I can say that I was able to get some crafting done even if it was just a few minutes each day.

Linen and Threads - this year, Linen and Threads decided that along with the monthly section of the big project, they would include an ornament that we could also stitch.

I haven't started the big project for this year but, I decided that I was going to try and make some progress on the ornaments.  I started the January ornament, and after one day of stitching, I was able to see some good progress on it.  I hope to continue to work on this ornament and get it done soon.

I do love the patterns that Brendon Kirk puts out and now to see if I can get the ornaments done as well as the 2020 project before the end of the year.  I also need to finish the 2019 version of his stitch along, so that means that I need to get working on these projects again.

Simple Shawl - Feb 9

Simple Shawl - Feb 2
Simple Shawl - last week, I said that I was going to try and get the 29 increases done this month to make sure that I could get the shawl moved forward.  Well, the 29 increases ended up to be 45 increases, and it meant that the shawl was done.  I am happy to stay that over this last week I finished knitting that shawl which I didn't think I would finish as quickly as I did.

I still need to sew in the ends on this shawl, but at least it is knit, and I should get the ends sewn in either tonight or tomorrow night.


Diagonal Shawl - Feb 9
Diagonal Garter Shawl - after finishing up the simple shawl, I decided it was time to start something else that I wanted to work on.  This shawl is worked on the diagonal, so it is a little different, but I love it.  I am still working on making the increases done for the edge of the shawl, but I hope to have that done within the next couple of days.

The yarn that I am using for this shawl is a little marbled, so it is giving some nice colouring on the overall pattern.  It is another simple pattern, and I am enjoying working on it as I can quickly see some results on it or at least right now I can.  I might not see the fast results once I am working on the center section of the piece.


I continue to be busy with several things, so I am not getting lots of time to sit and do the things that I love.  I have been trying to at least find a few minutes each day to do something for me, and I am happy with the progress that I have been seeing.

I hope everyone has a great week, and you find the time to do the things that you love to do each day. You don't need a lot of time to do something for yourself, so remember it is important for your personal care that you look after yourself as well as looking after others.  I am now off to get some work done that needs to get done and will see how the rest of this week goes.

No comments: