Monday, February 3, 2020

Busy week

Poem about Alzheimer's - Feb 2
Here it is the beginning of another week and now to try and recap what I worked on over the last week.  I have to admit I didn't have a lot of time to do anything, but at least I was able to find a few minutes each day to do something.

Poem about Alzheimer's - this past week, I decided that after finding a poem about Alzheimer's that I would chart it and then stitch it.  The actually charting of the poem didn't take too long to get done, so then it was time to start to stitch it, and I did that.  I am using one colour of silk to stitch the poem in and so far have been liking how it has been turning out.  I still have quite a bit of stitching ahead of me, but so far, it seems to be moving ahead as a fairly quick speed.

Simple Shawl - Feb 2
Simple Shawl - now this project sure doesn't look like I have done much work on it, but I was able to find time to get a few more rows added to this project.  I am now thinking that my goal for the month is to ensure that I have increased the number of stitches by 29 before the end of the month.  I don't think that will finish off the shawl, but it should mean that I am getting closer to having a finish.


This past weekend we were helping at the Walk for Memories organized by the Alzheimer's Society of Toronto.  It was a wonderful event with over 1,400 walkers participating and around 300 volunteers.  There was a Friday evening event as well as the walk on Saturday morning, and both of them were enjoyable to be involved in.  We haven't heard the final total of money raised, but on Saturday, they announced it was around $600,000, and there are still two weeks left to donate.

It is now time for me to wrap up here and maybe find a few minutes of crafting time before I call it the end of my day.  I am happy that I have found a few minutes to do something for myself most days and will try and continue to do that.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and I hope that you also find a few minutes each day to do something for yourself that makes you happy.


No comments: