Monday, October 28, 2019

Some progress and a finish

Unleash the Butterflies - Oct 12
Here it is the start of another week and an update of what crafting I have been up to in the past week.  Of course, things have kept me busy, so I haven't had as much time to craft, but at least I was able to find some time to make some progress on a couple of projects.

Unleash the Butterflies - it was time again for this project to come out and get some attention this week.  I picked this piece up and focused on working on a couple of colours instead of one little section.  It made me feel a little better, seeing some progress on the overall piece instead of just one or two little areas. 

Unleash the Butterflies - Oct 27
I continue to use the Pattern Keeper (android app) to help me mark off my stitches on this full-coverage piece.  The app also helps me locate those single stitches of a colour that so often were missed when I was using the paper copy of the pattern.

The app also lets me see how many stitches I was able to get done and the percentage of the pattern that is complete.  So Unleash the Butterflies is 12% complete, so yes, there is still a long way to go on this project, but I love seeing some progress even if it was only .5%.

Simple Yet Effective Cowl - Oct 20
Simple Yet Effective Cowl - I said that I wanted to try and focus on getting this cowl done quickly and after spending some evenings working on the pattern, I was able to get it done this week.  I still need to block it, but the stitching is now done on this cowl.

Simple Yet Effective Cowl - Oct 25
The pattern was very simple, and it worked up quickly when you could sit and focus on it and not bounce around, trying to get a few other things accomplished.  I know that having a couple of evenings after dinner to sit and knit was great, and it means that I got this project finished and now will be able to start another project soon.

I have yarn to make another one of these cowls, so I think that will be cast on soon so that I can start working on it.  The next cowl that I make will probably with the bigger version of this pattern but will see once I start casting on the stitches.


I continue to work on a bunch of other projects, but nothing has advanced far enough for pictures.  I hope that before too long, I will have some pictures to show some of the other projects that I have been working on.

It is now time for me to get some work done that is sitting here waiting to be done.  I hope everyone has a great week, and you find some time to do the things that you love each day, even if it is just 20 minutes. 



No comments: