Monday, October 7, 2019

A bit of progress and Fair results

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - Oct 2
Here it is the beginning of another week, and I have a little bit of stuff to show for the past week.  I didn't get as much done as I had hoped but also didn't have as much time as I thought to work on the various projects.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - this project got one evening of work, which was great.  I have at least started this piece, so now to finish working on the October section so that I can have it waiting for the November release, which is going to be the start of the border.

I hope to be able to get the rest of this piece done this week, but again, I will have to see how much time I have to sit and work on things.

Everyday Shawl - Sept 29
Everyday Shawl - Oct 6
Everyday Shawl - I had planned on working on this project each day, but I didn't get that done in the last week, so now to work on trying to get back to getting at least 20 minutes of knitting done each day.  I only got 2.5 inches knit this week, so I will see how much I can do this coming week.  The 20 minutes doesn't seem like a long time, but we were busy this past week, so when I had the 20 minutes, I was working on another project that had a deadline.

The shawl now measures around 13.5 inches, which is nice but still has quite a bit of knitting to go on this shawl.  I hope this week I can get some knitting in and see that I can make some good progress on the overall shawl.

TASK tags - Oct 5
TASK tags - here is a project that I was able to get done this week.  We are going to be helping at a booth at a conference and decided that we needed the website as part of our tags.   There are four of us at the booth, so I sat and designed and stitched the four tags for us, and then we have a centrepiece for the table, so it is also getting its own tag.  These were some very quick stitches which helped so now to get back to working on some of the other projects that I would like to achieve.   It is a lot of fun when you can work on something that appears quickly.  It will be interesting to see the reaction of the other guys at the booth as they don't know that I have done this yet.

Mystery SAL'18
Markham Fair - I can finally show that I have been working on over the last couple of weeks.  The big project that I was working on was getting three projects finished up so that I could enter them into the Markham Fair.  The two pieces that I am very happy with are Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'18 and Swans.  Both of these pieces were entered and in different categories.  Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'18 won the 1st place ribbon for the 11-18 count Aida category and Swans done the 2nd place ribbon for cross-stitch on other material.

I did enter Needleworker in the category of a piece of cross-stitch not framed as it was made into a bell-pull, and it didn't place.

Swans
Markham Fair is an interesting fair to enter pieces in as they hire people to judge the pieces, and after talking to the committee this year is interesting to hear about the judging.  It does make me happy to know that the ribbons I won were based on the work that was done on the pieces.  At Markham, they don't award all four ribbons if the work isn't up to a particular standard in a category, and only ribbons that are earned are awarded.  We saw that in some categories, there were only one or two ribbons awarded, and some of them weren't even a 1st place.


I am now going to get some work done as I have a bunch of things that need my attention.  I hope to find some time this week to get a bit of crafting done, but I will have to wait and see how things go.

I hope everyone has a great week, and you find some time to do the things that you love doing.



No comments: