Monday, January 21, 2019

Progress on projects

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '19 - Jan 13
This week was a week of trying to make some progress on a bunch of projects and I think I was able to do just that.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 19 - now this is a project that I am trying to make some good progress on and I would like to see the January section done before the end of the month.  The Peacock is slowly starting to make an appearance and now to see if I can continue to work on this piece and get the rest of the Peacock finished before the end of the month.
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 19 - Jan 20

Roses - Nov 24
I am enjoying working on this piece but have to admit that it is taking me longer than I thought to actually get this section finished.  I hope that now that I have the outline done on the second half of the feathers that I can continue to see some good progress on it over the next week.

Roses - this is one of my Heaven and Earth Designs and I decided that this week it was time for it to get a little bit of attention and that is what it got.  I had hoped to get some more of this piece done over the weekend but things just didn't work out as I had hoped so I wasn't able to focus on getting some more of this piece done.  The good news is I have finished another page of the pattern so that is nice and now to see if I can continue to work on it and get some more of it finished before the end of this week.

Roses - Jan 17
The nice thing about this pattern is once I start working on a section I seem to be able to see some progress on it pretty quickly which is nice.  I am thinking that I am going to try and spend some time working on this design this week so that I can see some more of it moved forward before the end of the month as well.  I am thinking that if I can get another page finished before the end of January then I would be happy because it would mean that I have three of the pages finished and that is at least a good start.

Cocker in the Rye - Dec 23
Cocker in the Rye - this is another Heaven and Earth design and I am hoping that this is one of the projects that I might be able to get finished before the end of 2019.  I know it doesn't look like I was able to get a lot done on this design this week but at least I was able to add a few more stitches and sometimes that is all I can ask.

Cocker in the Rye - Jan 17
I hope that now that I have picked up this piece again once I have finished Mystery that I can work on this piece for a while this month and maybe see some more of the design start to come to life.  I know that it isn't going to be a quick stitch but I hope that once I can get into the habit of working on this piece even a couple of days a week that I will be able to see some good progress on it.

Work Day Scarf - Jan 15
Work Day Scarf - now here is a knitting project that I started just after Christmas and I am very happy to say that I have finished it.  I enjoy working on this pattern as it is a pretty easy design so it doesn't take long to make once you start working on it.  I wanted to make this scarf as I wanted to wear it on February 1st so now it is finished and I will be wearing it when I go to an Alzheimer's event. The reason I wanted to knit a purple scarf is I am helping at the Alzheimers walk here in Toronto on February 2nd and figured it would be nice to have something that is the right colour.  My fundraising page is here and if you would like to make a donation please know that I would appreciate any amount.

This scarf is something that I have enjoyed making and I hope that during the year that I will be able to make some more of these in different colours.


I continue to try and work on a bunch of projects and I still have a couple of other projects that I haven't taken pictures of.  I know that just continuing to make progress on a bunch of things makes me feel so much better.

I really don't have a lot of time to craft but at least if I can find even an hour or so each day I feel so much better so that is what I am trying to do.  I have work that needs to get done and that is the priority but at least find a bit of crafting time each day helps me regain the focus and it makes work a little easier the next day.

No comments: