Monday, January 7, 2019

A finish and a couple of starts

Temperature - December 30
So this last week wasn't a week to get a lot of stitching accomplished as life just seemed to get in the way.  I did find some time and energy to do a little bit of stitching so I do have a bit to show but not as much as I had hoped.

Temperature - now this is a project that I was determined to get finished early in 2019 and I actually got it finished on January 1st which was great.
Temperature - completed

Temperature - January 1, 2019
The piece now that it is finished measures around 6.25" x 22.25" so it is a fair size piece but I am happy with how it turned out.  Now what I need to do is figure out how I am going to be framing this piece.

The colours where a lot of fun to see some together throughout the year and at the very bottom just above the word "Toronto" I have included all the colours in the scale that I used from highest to lowest colour. 

Temperature 2019 - so this piece will be done but as of right now I have the pattern figured out, fabric on the frame and all the floss sorted but no stitching has happened yet.


Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 19 - January 5
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL 2019 - as I said last week the 2019version of the Mystery SAL was posted on the 1st of January in Australia and I was looking forward to getting it started.  Now there were some challenges and that was the colour fabric and floss that I was going to use for this year. I had picked a couple of colours that I thought I was going to use but once the design was picked it meant that it was time to rethink my colour selection so I ended up selecting the same colours that I used for the 2018 version but have added two additional colours so I may be using 5 colours for this piece but I will see how it goes.  This year the theme is a Peacock's Garden so I am interested to see what it will look like after we have finished the Peacock which is the January section.

Farewell to Anger - January 1st
Farewell to Anger - this is a Heaven and Earth Design that I purchased and I really wanted to get it stitched so it was my new year, new start piece and as you can see I was able to get a few stitches in on New Years Day but that is all the attention it had got.  Hopefully, once things get back to normal I will be able to get some more stitching in on this piece as well as a bunch of the other things that I would like to work on.

For this design, I am using pre-gridded fabric so that means that it might help me keep track of where I am but will see how things go.  I hope to be able to see some good progress on this piece before the end of the month but will see how things go.


Now that life is getting back to a normal schedule I hope that I will be able to see a bit more progress on things over the next few weeks.  I am not sure what this week is going to be like but I hope to maybe see a little bit of stuff accomplished but will have to wait and see.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and now will be able to get bac to the normal routine and see what can be accomplished.  Until next week, hope everyone can find even a few minutes each day to do something that they love.





No comments: