Monday, November 26, 2018

Some progress

Temperature - November 14
 Here it is the start of another week and I am happy to say that I was able to get some progress on things last week.  I did bounce between some projects so that means I didn't get a lot of any one project done but at least I was able to see some progress on things.

Temperature - November 20
Temperature - now I was able to spend a little bit of time working on this piece and I was able to get a few rows done but I am still behind on this so hopefully this week I will be able to get caught up and keep it moving forward as I just have this month and next month to do and then the piece will be finished.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 18 - November 18
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 18 - November 19
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 18 - I was determined to get this piece finished for the November section and I was able to sit down and get it done within one day which made me feel so much better.  I am now waiting to see what the final section is because I am pretty sure it is going to be a rather larger section to finish off this piece but will see when it is posted.

Linen and Threads have also announced that they will be doing a 2019 Mystery SAL so I am looking forward to hearing the size of the fabric that we are going to need and any other information that they will post before the beginning of January.

Roses - October 22
Roses - this is a Heaven and Earth design and it is going to be very large when it is done.  I am working on this a little bit at a time and am happy with the progress that I have been able to make.  I have just about finished the second page of the pattern of the 54 pages that this design is.  I am enjoying working on this but right now it really doesn't look like much and that is because of the detail that each rose and leaf has.  I am going to see how quickly I can get some more of this done as I would like to see more of it done before the end of the year.

Roses - November 24
My goal for this piece in November was to get the second page of it stitched and I think if I can spend a couple more hours on this piece I will be able to see that achieved.  If things go well this week and I can continue to get Temperature caught up I think I will be trying to get this design moved forward as well. I think this design when finished is around 21 inch by 27 inches so it is rather large and right now I have done a piece around 3 inches by 5 inches.  I know it looks like it is a big piece but really when you see it in person it really isn't very big of a piece that I have finished.

The Stitcher - November 2
The Stitcher - I decided that considering I had finished Mystery SAL I was going to see if I could get some stitching done on another one of the quick stitch pieces that I have in my waiting to be stitched pile.  The piece that I selected was The Stitcher by Wild Violet and once again this piece shouldn't take me very long if I can actually sit and focus on it. I was able to get a bit of this done this week and now I am also going to see how much of it I can get done before the end of the month.  I am enjoying the stitching that I am doing and maybe the variety is going to help me move a bunch of the things forward again.


This week I am not sure what I will be working on but I hope that I will be able to get some stitching done in the evenings.  I would really lilke to see some progress on some of the pieces that I have been working on and will see if that happens. I have been really good as there was a sale on Heaven and Earth Designs for Black Friday and Cyber Monday and I haven't bought a pattern so I am pretty happy with that.  I would love to see that I can spend some time stitching and getting some of the pieces done that I have on the go.

I now need to go and some more of the work that is on my desk done and then see how much stitching time I have this evening.

No comments: