Monday, November 12, 2018

A small finish and moving things forward

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - Nov 4
 This last week I decided it was time to try and focus on a couple of projects again as I knew that my crafting time was really going to vary this week.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - Nov 5
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL 18 - now this project did get some attention and I was actually able to finish the October section very quickly which made me feel great.  Seeing that I was able to get it done meant that I was going to be able to start working on the November section.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - Nov 6
The November section isn't a complicated section which is nice but it is going to take some time to do as there is quite a bit of detail in the section.  I made a bit of a start on it one day and now to see if I can get back to it this week and then see how much of it I can get completed.  I would like to get November done quickly so that I will be ready when the December section is posted.

Temperature - Nov 4
Temperature - I was determined that I was going to keep Temperature caught up this week but that didn't work as I was able to get through the 4th stitched.  Now I am going to try and get back to doing a couple of rows a day to ensure that I can stay caught up on this piece.  It doesn't take long to actually get the one day of temperatures done so just making sure that I can continue to keep it up would be nice.
Temperature - Nov 7

The good thing about Temperature is at least I am only behind a few days this month and I am not weeks behind like I was before.  Sure I am a week behind but with a bit of work this week I will be able to get caught up again.

The Ripper - Nov 19
The Ripper  - this was a quick stitch project that I started on Friday and finished up on Saturday.  I had decided that I wanted something easy and quick to stitch instead of just working on all the larger projects that I have been doing.

This pattern is my Wild Violet Cross Stitch and it is part of a set of three.  There is The Ripper, The Stitcher and The Snipper.  I will be doing each of these as they are a lot of fun and an easy stitch.

The fabric that I used for this design isn't aide or evenweave.  The fabric was actually a napkin that I had and I figured out it might work as some stitching fabric.  The count works out to be around 17 stitches per inch so it wasn't made to use.  I wanted to give this fabric a try so considering this design was easy I figured I wasn't going to lose anything if it didn't work out.

Easy Goes It - this shawl once again got some attention and I am still very happy with how it is turning out.  I  have one more section of knitting to go on this shawl and then it will be finished so I hope that within the next couple of weeks I will be able to get it finished.

Easy Goes It - Nov 11
The brown version of the shawl didn't get any attention this past week as I wanted to try and focus on getting one of the shawls done instead of working on the two of them together.  I also have a couple of other shawls that I want to make so that means that I need to get one of these finished before I can start a new one.  I have decided that I am going to have no more than two of the thin weight shawls on the go at once so that I can actually get them finished.


This coming week I am not sure what my schedule is like yet so will see what crafting I can get done.  I hope to be able to spend some time most evenings working on something and hopefully, I will have something to show for it at the end of the week.

My ETSY shop is still going strong but considering the rotating postal strikes here in Canada it has meant that sales have slowed down a little bit.  I think once the postal issue has been resolved sales will go back to what they were before this.

It is now time for me to get back to work and get some of the things done that I need to do and I will see what I can get done this week on my crafts.  Hope to have some progress on a few projects before the end of the week.


No comments: