Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Some progress this week

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - Sept 30
Here it is the start of another week and I have some stitching to show for last week which is great.  I wasn't sure how much time I was going to have to stitch but I was able to get some done over the weekend.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '18 - this is one of the projects that I am trying to see some good progress on.  I was able to finally pick this piece up again over the weekend and yes I was able to get some more of the first of the two mermaids stitched.  I really do love this piece and am looking forward to seeing what the last two months are like on the piece.  It is something that I have enjoyed working on and am looking forward to seeing the entire piece when it is all done.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - Oct 8
This section has caused some issues with people because of the nudity.  There are so many ways that this can be handled if it bothers anyone.  The designer of this pattern actually put up an apology about the nudity.  I'm not complaining as it is a free pattern and if you don't like it you can simply fill in a couple of stitches if it bothers you. I have even heard that some people have decided how to change the top a little to put a bikini top on the mermaid.

Temperature - Sept 29
Temperature - after feeling like I wasn't making any progress on this piece I am finally starting to see that I am getting somewhere on it.  I am now trying to get the September rows done on this piece and it is looking like I might be able to get them done soon if I focus on the actual stitching of the piece.

Temperature - Oct 8
One thing that I did do yesterday was actually stitch the row for October 7th.  It means that I have a line that shows where the current temperature is and I can see how much more stitching I have to get caught up.  Now that I have this line done I am going to try and keep working on the current day so that I keep current with the new temperatures while I work on getting the rest of the piece caught up.


So last week was a crazy week for me as I was extremely busy with a conference that we attended at the beginning of the week and then the rest of the week was trying to get all the work caught up.  Now this week I am still working on getting things caught up from last week so will see how things go.  I am looking forward to seeing what stitching I can get done this week as I would like to see if I can make some progress on Temperature.

I am thinking that this week I may also try and work on a couple of different projects for a change so now to see what really happens.  I don't know what stitching time I have until I can get some of the work done that is on my to-do list.  I have lots to do today so I better get working on it so that maybe later this evening I will be able to stitch for a bit.



No comments: