Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Things getting moved forward

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - July 28
Another week has come and gone and the weather has been extremely hot and humid here so that means it is difficult to really get a lot of things done.
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - August 6

Temperature - July 19
 Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - the pattern was released on time as usual and it appeared around 8 am on the 31st of July which is August 1st in Australia where the designer lives.  I had decided that I wasn't going to put any stitches in the August piece until August 1st here and that is what I did. 

The pattern is of two phoenix and they look amazing so now to work on getting the two of them done over the next couple of weeks.  I know that being able to continue to see progress on this piece would make me very happy and that is what I am going to try and do.  I try and put at least two threads a day in on one of my projects and sometimes it is Mystery SAL and other days it is something else.

Temperature - now, this is the project that got a lot of attention this week and that is because I decided that I wanted to try and get it  moved forward.  I am behind on the stitching of this piece as before I picked it up on July 30th I only had through around the 12th of May done which didn't make me happy.  Yes, I am really behind on this project so it does need some attention if my goal is to have it finished early in January 2019.
Temperature - August 5

After sitting down and figuring out how I was going to get this project moved forward and caught up I decided to just work on May and see how quickly I could get it stitched and on August 5th I am happy to say that May is now done an dI have just started working on June.

Temperature - August 6
On the third picture that is where I stopped last night and I had decided that I was going to try and mark where July 1st was so those are the red and orange lines that are appearing at the bottom of the piece. It does make me feel good knowing how big a month is and then I can work on getting it all filled in.  I hope that I can get June finished up this month as well because I want to see that I am finally getting back to where I can stitch the day befores temperature and that's it.  Right now I am trying to stitch two days temperatures each day so that might help me get it somewhat caught up quickly.

Other crafts - I have been working on a few other crafts over the last couple of weeks and now I am just waiting to have them finished before I take pictures of them.  I have been having a lot of fun figuring out the various ideas that have been bouncing around in my head and some of them are now getting made and hopefully the end results will be what I expected.


The forecast for this week is another hot and humid week so will see what actually gets done.  I have quite a bit of work that needs my attention so that is going to be the focus and then will see how much stitching/crafting time I have in the evenings.



No comments: