Monday, October 31, 2016

Time to stitch

This week I am happy to say that I was able to find a bit of time to actually sit and do some stitching.

Green shawl - Oct 30th
green shawl - started
The green shawl is still getting attention and I am happy with that as I am currently seeing a shawl at around 45 inches so I am making some progress on it.  I haven't taken a picture of it since I started it so  it was nice being able to take another picture of it. This week I was able to get another 9 inches done on the shawl so I am getting closer to the 72 inches.

Sugar - Oct 10th
Besides knitting when I had a chance during the week I decided that it was time to work on a cross-stitch for a while.  The actual stitching of the piece was done this weekend and I am happy with the progress that I was able to do on Sugar.  Of course, the background is the half stitch so it does go a little faster so decided that I wanted to see if I could get some of that done and that did make me happy.

Sugar - Oct 30th
I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on the piece this weekend because I am not seeing that I can bits of the piece done when I can sit and focus on it.  The other nice thing about this piece is there are quite a few areas of larger single colours so that makes stitching a little easier and faster.

There are still quite a few projects that need a bit of attention so I will see which one gets a little bit of attention this week.  I am not sure if the Monarch Butterfly will make an appearance this week or maybe another one of the projects.

Work is keeping me busy so the time that I find to work on a project makes me happy. Most of the time is evenings and mostly on the weekend when I can focus on working on something.

Well, it's time to get some work done and then maybe this evening I might be able to find a bit of time to stitch on something.



No comments: