Monday, October 17, 2016

Another week

Monarch Butterfly - October 10
 Here it is the start of another week and a little bit of progress from last week.

The one project that got some attention was the Monarch Butterfly and I am loving how it is starting to look.  I was comparing it to the original picture and it is slowly starting to come to life.  I can't wait to see the piece finished just to be able to put the cross-stitch and the picture side by side and see how they look.

Monarch Butterfly - October 16
On the Monarch  there are now a lot of areas with a few stitches of different colours so that means I am not going to be a lot of progress as quickly as I have over the last little while. At least once I finished the various little bits of colour a lot of the design will be done. 

Besides working on the cross-stitch I continued to work on the mauve granny square baby afghan and it is coming along pretty well.  Most of the work on the baby afghan was this weekend when I felt like I just wanted something simple to work on.  The afghan is coming along quickly as I went from around 9 inches to around 24 inches this weekend. I hope to be able to make a bit more progress on this afghan during this week but will see how things really good.

I was also able to get some knitting done on the shawl that I am working on.  The shawl went from 19 inches to 30 inches this week so I am slowly starting to see some progress on it.  I want to get this shawl done by the beginning of December so it means that I need to focus on it for a little bit to see how much I can get done.  The shawl is suppose to measure around 72 inches when done so will see how quickly I can get there.  Last week I did focus on knitting it a couple of evenings so that is why it advanced as much as it did.

Once the shawl is completed there are a couple other projects that will get my attention but until then I don't want to distract myself from getting both the Monarch Butterfly and the shawl completed.

This week there are a lot of things going on for work so I am not sure how much time I will be finding to craft.  I hope that at least on the weekend that I will be able to find some time to craft but will see how things go.



No comments: