Monday, September 26, 2016

Crazy week

Monarch Butterfly - September 18th
 I really have no idea where this last week has gone but I do know that I have another crazy week ahead of me so will see how things go.

Last night I was able to find one evening where I was able to pull out the cross-stitch and work on it for a while.  The Monarch Butterfly is slowing starting to take shape and I am happy with how it has been coming along.  I am hoping that this week I will find some time to put a few more stitches in the piece as I am looking forward to seeing it done.
Monarch Butterfly - September 21st

Besides working on the butterfly I was able to find a bit of time to work on the Caron Cakes shawl that I restarted last weekend.  The picture of the Pineapple Shawl is the shawl that I started at the end of Shawl as soon as I got the yarn.  After getting so far on the shawl I realized that the colouring wasn't going to work too well so it was time to make some major decisions on the project.  The decision was do I continue working on the shawl and hope it works out so that I will wear it or take it out and make something that I know I would wear?

Pineapple Shawl - Caron Cakes
The decision wasn't really that hard because when I thought about each pineapple being maybe two to three colours I decided I wouldn't be happy with that so it was time to take the shawl out and figure out something else to make with the yarn.
Caron Cakes - Cake Pop

The yarn has wonderful colours it in and I wanted each of the colours to show up so I started a very simple wrap for myself.  The wrap/shawl is a basic double crochet and chain pattern.  I made it wide enough that it will cover my arms and shoulders and then started to crochet.  I have finished one ball of the yarn and am loving how soft it is.  The yarn does have 20% wool in it and that may be part of the reason why it is so soft.

Caron Cakes - Simple Shawl - September 25th
The shawl with being simple means that I can pick it up when I have a few minutes to add a few more stitches.  The pineapple shawl meant that I always had to have a pattern with me so it wasn't something that I could work on for even 10 or so minutes and see some results.  The shawl is giving me a project that I can work on when I have those few minutes.

This week looks like it is going to be another crazy day so will see how much crafting time that I can find.  I hope to even find those few minutes each day when I can add a couple more rows onto the shawl.

The weather has cooled down so that is also nice because it makes crocheting so much easier as the yarn isn't hot to hold.   Now to see what projects get the attention this week when I have the time to work on something.






No comments: