Monday, August 17, 2015

Slow stitching progress

Polar Bear - August 9th
Over the last week I have been able to do a bit of work on three projects which has felt really good.  I haven't been able to spend a lot of time on any of the projects but at least I have been able to make a bit of progress on all of them which makes me very happy.

Polar Bear - August 16th
Polar Bear Face On of course is going to take a long time to actually see some really good progress but at least I was able to spend a bit more time stitching on it and got a bit more of the water completed.  The water is going to take forever to do as it is all over the piece but at least I have a bit done.  I need to add a few more blues to it and then maybe it will start looking more life something.

Butterfly - August 9th
For this project I decided that I wanted a scroll frame because of the size of it.  I got the scroll bars on Wednesday so now to just sit and tack the piece of fabric onto them and then I will be able to see the entire width of the piece at once.  I am still trying to work on one page at a time but have to admit that the blue at the top is onto a second page of the pattern.  Now to work on getting more of the first page done and I may feel better about this project.

Celtic Butterfly is coming along and I was able to spend a bit more time on it than any of the other projects.  I like this version of the design but still like the blue one the best.  The piece is taking longer to do because of the overdyed silk and maybe that is what is getting to me.  I liked the other one because it stitched up so much quicker. 

Butterfly - August 16th
A few people have told me how much they like the butterfly and that is making me feel good about this design.  I wasn't sure at first how it was going to turn out but now I am happy with it.

The other piece that did get a bit of attention this week was Schlock with Gun.  I didn't spend a lot of time on this piece but at least I made a bit of dent in it.  I am hoping to be able to find some more stitching time this week where I can focus on a project for a while and see some more good progress.

Schlock with gun - August 9th
Of course having a lot of pieces on the go means that no one project really gets a lot of time but that is OK with me.  I would like to get the butterfly finished before the end of the month so I guess I better try and focus on it just a bit more.

Schlock with gun - August 16th
Now besides the cross-stitching I did last week I decided on the weekend to start crocheting a shawl for myself. The shawl is very simple and something that I can work on while sitting outside in the heat.  The weather has also been one of the reasons why I haven't done a lot of stitching.  I just get comfortable with the frames and floss in this heat so my cross-stitching has been put down.  I hope that it gets just a little bit cooler soon so that I can get to stitching and enjoying it.

I have missed finding the time each evening to stitch so this week I am going to try a little bit harder to find at least an hour an evening where I can lose myself in a project.  I know that I have a few projects that I am working on for work so that is where my days are spent .

This week I hope to see a bit more progress on my cross-stitching so now to get the work done so that I can think about stitching this evening.

No comments: