Monday, August 31, 2015

A finish and a bit of progress

Butterfly - August 23rd
It's hard to believe but another week has passed.

I was able to get a bit of stitching done which makes me feel pretty good.  I was busy with a lot of other tings as well so it meant that I didn't have a lot of time to stitch.

Butterfly - August 27th
The butterfly was one project that got the attention this week because I really wanted to have it finished before the end of the month. I decided that this was going to be the piece that I worked on until it was finished.  Of course, when I sat down on Thursday to work on the butterfly I was able to actually finish it in one evenings which was wonderful.  I am happy that I was able to get it finished so now I will see what project gets started next. I do  have a couple of projects that i would like to work on so now to figure out which one is going to be put on a frame next and added to my work in progress.

Butterfly biscornu - August 30th
Besides having the big projects on the go I decided that I needed some smaller projects that would be quick to finish. I worked on getting a bunch of them ready to stitch so that I don't have to look for floss, fabric or a pattern when I am in the mood to just stitch on something quick. The result of this kitting of projects means I have either 7 or 8 small projects that I can work on and get finished quickly or at least I hope they are quick to work on.

The first project I decided to work on is a Butterfly biscornu that I saw on the internet.  Of course, I loved the idea of a butterfly biscornu but I couldn't locate the pattern no matter what I tried.  Well considering this is a piece just for myself I sat down and looked at the picture on the screen and tried to figure out the pattern.  I don't have the exact pattern like the biscornu I saw on the blog but at least I have one that I am enjoying working on.

So besides working on the butterfly projects this week I actually got a bit more done on the shawl that I started a couple of weeks ago.  I was making pretty good progress on it until Saturday when I found a colour of yarn that I liked more and some different yarn.  Now I have two shawls on the go and hopefully will be able to get one of them done quickly as I would like to be wearing one of them by October.

Tonight I hope to be able to find a little bit of time to stitch and hopefully will be able to do it most evenings but it will really depend on the heat.  The forecast is for another week of hot and humid evenings so that makes stitching very difficult but I will just have to wait and see how I do.

As for now it is time to try and get some work completed so that I can get home and hopefully enjoy some stitching time.





No comments: