Monday, July 7, 2014

Picking up the pieces

Toy pieces
Yes, I have disappeared again and part of that is because of issues that I have been dealing with and crafting hasn't been part of what I have been doing.

I have slowly started to pick up the pieces and the best way to do that is by working on small pieces of craft items.  The project I am currently working on are a few more animals from the pattern that I picked up last month.  What you see in the pictures are the parts for a pig and some of the parts for a cat.  I know it looks like a mess but considering everything that is the best way to show things right now.

I decided that instead of sitting and knitting each piece and then assembling the animal as I go I would make the pieces all at once and then I will sit down later and sew them together.  Also it means that I can work on the pieces quickly as a lot of them aren't very big at all.  When I have wanted to knit I have enjoyed working on the pieces because I feel like I am getting somewhere.

What is amazing is over the last while I lost most of my interest in crafting and I have been slowly working on getting back to the things that I enjoy doing.  Cross-stitch, knitting and crocheting are things I normally love doing but lately they all have been a challenge.

One of the biggest challenges I have been dealing with lately is being criticized for my choices.  If it had been one person I could have dealt with it easily but it seems that so many people have said something about a project that I have been working on.  All of these criticisms have impacted me and I know that I shouldn't have let me but when that is basically all you hear and nothing positive from these people it gets a little much.  I have now decided that if these people don't like what I am doing that is too bad and I will do my projects the way I want to do them.

The pieces are slowly being picked up and I hope to get back to doing the things that I have loved doing.  My piece of advice to a lot of people is if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.  Now I am going to go and craft for a while.

No comments: