Saturday, April 19, 2014

Stitching continues

Siux as Tinkerbell by Gerry Vail
Here is what I have been working on this week.  It is a pattern that I did from a sketch that Gerry Vail did for me.  The picture is one of his characters dressed up as Tinkerbell because he knows how much I love Tinkerbell.

This is the pattern that I did at the beginning of April but it won't be able to be published because of course this picture looks too much like Tinkerbell and she is a licensed character.  At least what I am doing is getting my own copy which means a lot.  It is showing me that I can take a picture with permission from an artist and do patterns from them.  The biggest thing is that the sketch or picture have to be originals because of license and copyright issues.

This picture was taken Thursday evening before I was able spend most of yesterday working on it.  I hope to post a picture of this piece at the end of the weekend to show much much more I have been able to get done on her.  It does take a bit longer when you are using your own pattern because you are the one that is making all the decisions on if a stitch should be a certain colour or something else.  As I make all of these decisions I have been modifying the pattern so that I will have a record of what the actual piece is.

Yes this is one of the patterns that I am currently working on besides Scarlett and Cirque des Cercles so do have a lot on the go.  I also have a couple more patterns ready to be stitched and one of them is from another artist and it is an original drawing so will see how that goes.

Now it is time for me to turn off the computer and do a few other things before I pick up my needle and do some more stitching tonight.  Siux is coming to life so I need to continue making her more than just a wing and part of a face.


No comments: