Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Knowing your server can be fun

Gin and tonic garnished with tomatoes
You can tell you know your server well when they will do something extremely silly with a drink that they have poured you.

I was telling a server that I didn't want cucumber or olives in my gin and tonic because I don't like either of those two vegetables.  My husband made a silly comment that he doesn't like tomatoes so he gives me his because I love tomatoes.  So this is what happened.  Yes those are grape tomatoes floating and then sinking in my gin and tonic.  It did make for an interesting conversation when another server came over to say hi to us.

tomatoes do sink
The tomatoes don't get any flavour because they aren't in the gin too long but it would be very interesting to see what would happen if you put some tomatoes in straight gin for a little while.  Would they get the gin flavour or not.  Maybe that is something that I need to try just to see what actually happens.

Now to see what happens next time we go to this restaurant because we normally do have a good time when we are there.

Until next post it's time to go and find some tomatoes.




1 comment:

ChaosAdventurer said...

The tomato and cucumber exchange was always with our salads until this event. At least I didn't get any cucumbers in my drink, as I ate her's from that first drink, strait.