Monday, April 18, 2011

Where did Sunday go?

I know that yesterday was Sunday but have to admit that I really don't know where the entire day went.
Crown of Squares - Saturday night

On Saturday I was able to get a bit more of the outline done which was making me feel good because I haven't been able to lose myself cross-stitching for quite a while.  I figured I wanted to finish the outline before I started any of the other colours.  Finishing the outline also ensured that it was all done correctly and I wouldn't find an error in the border after working hours on the inside colours.  Yes I had to "frog" the outline a few times due to miscounting.

Crown of Squares - Sunday night
Yesterday morning I got up and decided that I was going to spend my day stitching and that I did.  Thanks to my DH for making sure I ate, had my caffeine and stayed hydrated I sat and stitched and stitched.  I am really enjoying this pattern and can't wait to finish up my work for today so that I can pick it up again and see what I can get done tonight.  The blue in the middle of the outline is an overdyed blue and even the outline is an overdyed grey but the picture isn't showing either of the colours too well.  Also the stitching is straight, I am just having problems getting a straight on picture.

Now I better get to work so that I can spend my evening stitching again.

4 comments:

ChaosAdventurer said...

I wonder what two pairs of complimentary colours would work for the 4 different paths on the pattern. Or a spin around the colour spectrum.
Ideas for making other instances of this pattern (I know, like you need more ideas :)

Anonymous said...

Great progress on the weekend. I am looking forward to seeing the finished piece when I am at gitta's the the next stitch night in may.
Clare

Heather said...

You sure got a lot done. Will you be done by next month?

Anonymous said...

Looking good! Can see the colours a bit, and they look good together. Looking forward to seeing your progress at stitch night!

I'm stitching together my tartan biscornu. Not sure if I'll put a button in or leave it as a pillow since the canvas is a bit stiff. I'll decide later ...

Barbara