Friday, April 30, 2010

Life is too short

I have been doing a lot of thinking over the last couple of days and have really realized that life to too short to not enjoy it.

This weekend is the Cross Stitch Retreat that I have been looking forward to for the last four months. Hard to believe it's finally here but have to admit that I am extremely excited about it as well.

Last night we were talking to a friend while having dinner and I mentioned that a couple of times I had thought about not going to the retreat even after I signed up. His comment "You're going and that's it!" He continued to tell me that you need to do things that make you happy and not just do things for everyone else.

OK I listened and am now packed and ready for my weekend of stitching and walking to other cross-stitchers. It is me time and yes doing something that I love to do and leaving all the other pressures sitting in my spot on the couch. I can find the pressures on Sunday evening once I am home but for the next 56 hours I am walking away from them.

Enjoy your weekend and watch later for another post about my name tag.

No comments: