Monday, September 4, 2023

A finish and some progress

Here it is the start of another week and hopefully a week where I might be able to make some progress on a few things. Of course, it will all depend on everything else that I am trying to accomplish, so I guess we will just have to wait and see how the week goes.

Jane Parson - here the project that got a lot of attention at the beginning of the week as I wanted to see if I could get it finished. This project was so different for me, but I did enjoy working on it and seeing it come to life. There were quite a few colours in this piece and one of the things that I enjoyed doing was working on one colour at a time and seeing how much of a difference that made on the entire piece.

I am happy to say that I was able to get Jane Parson finished before the end of August and am happy with how it turned out. Hopefully soon I will be able to figure out a frame or it and get it totally finished.

After completing Jane I haven't picked up my cross stitch at all for the rest of the week but given what else I was able to accomplish I am not disappointed. Now, what I need to do is figure out the next project that is going to be some attention so that I can start moving something else forward. I haven't decided if it is going to be a anew start or if I will be trying to move a project forward that I already had started. I guess that is the next decision that needs to be made.

Hopefully by the time I write my next blog I will have figured out a project that I want to work on and maybe even have some progress on it.

Preemie blanket - after finished Jane Parson the one thing that I was wanted to do was to sit and knit and see how much of the preemie blanket I could get done.  This blanket is going to be a good size when it is finished as I think the one side measures around 42" so it should be 42" square by the time it is done.

This week I decided that working on this blanket was going to be my focus and I am happy with how much of it I could get done. Of course, there were days when I only got the 30 minutes of knitting done and then other days when I could find a bit more time. The biggest accomplishment was being able to get this blanket back onto the straight needles that I prefer to work with.

Now what I need to try and do is focus on continuing to get the decreasing done so that I can get this blanket off the needles before too long. This week I hope to find some time where I can work on this piece and see how much more of it, I can get done. Being back on the straight needle means that I have got enough decreasing done but there is still a long way to go before I can say this project is finished.

Other projects - I haven't do a lot of other projects this last week and even my English Paper piecing didn't get a lot of attention. Hopefully this week I will be able to find some time to work on at least one of my projects to get it moved forward even a little bit.

This last week I made sure that each day I found that bit of time to recharge my personal battery and it felt good. Now as it is a holiday Monday here, I hope to spend some time today recharging my battery so that I have energy to help those around me.

Next week I hope to have more progress to show you and maybe I will have decided on a cross stitch project that I will spend some time working on. I do know that the preemie blanket will continue to get attention and other than that I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Hope everyone has a great week and I hope to have some progress on things to show you. Have a great week and I will post again next week.

No comments: