Monday, February 27, 2023

Progress and a knitting finish

Here it is the start of another week and an attempt to try and move things forward as well as juggling other things that are going on. I have been able to continue to move projects forward, which is making me happy. Now to see what the next little while is going to be like.

Mini the Forgotten - I have once again been able to work on moving this project forward a bit this week. I am trying to see if I can continue to get the various colours done up to a certain level. It would be nice to see how things go in the next little while.

What I am currently trying to do is work on completing sections of a colour so that it makes it a little easier to add the other colours to it. I am continuing to see that I have been able to get the stitching done that I want to do each week. There has been a goal that I have set for my stitching on this piece and while I might not say it publicly I have been working on achieving different things in regard to this project.  I have seen progress and that is the biggest achievement that I have wanted to achieve.

Ruskin's Penguins - now here is the project that I have been trying to work on during the week. It has been a bit of a challenge, as I have discovered that I don't like working with the Anchor white floss that I have been using. Given that I am this far along on this project, I will continue to use the floss, but I don't think I will be using it for another project where there is a lot of white.

In the pictures, what you aren't seeing is how much of the white that I have been able to get completed in the borders. I have been working on getting the snowflakes completed in the centre of the piece, but I have also been working on getting the white filled in on the bits of the border, and that is taking some time.

I am going to continue to work on this project and see how much more of it I can get done. I am looking forward to having this piece finished before too long, but will have to see how it goes. Being able to see more of this project done would be nice, so that is going to be my focus again during the week this coming week when I have some time to pick up and work on my cross stitch.

 

Wavy Lace Scarf - this has been my knitting project and I have been trying to knit at least 30 minutes a day on it. It is amazing how much knitting you can get done when you decide to focus on just one project instead of bouncing between a bunch of different things.

This scarf was started in 2021, and it didn't get much attention until I pulled it out this month to see if I could get it finished. For most of the time, I only worked on it for 30 minutes a day, but it didn't take me long to realize that I could get it done quickly. Today was the day that I worked a little bit more of the scarf, as I knew that within probably 45 minutes, I would have it done. I sat down and picked up this project and yes, I was able to get it finished, so this is another project that is now finished.

It is now time for me to figure out the next project that I am going to be digging out, and I think I have already figured it out. I am trying to complete a bunch of projects that I started a while ago, so that means another scarf will probably get the attention for the 30 minutes of knitting a day.

Other projects - I am continuing to work on my English Paper piecing projects and that makes me happy. I will be writing a separate blog on that because a weekly update wouldn't show much progress.

I hope you continue to find that bit of time each day to do something that you love.  It doesn't matter what it is, but making sure that you send that bit of time doing something for yourself is very important. It helps you to regain that focus that you will need to help others and to accomplish the other things that you want to do.

Have a good week and I hope to have some progress on things again next week.





 

No comments: