Monday, May 9, 2022

Some progress

Here it is the start of another week, and it is finally starting to feel like spring has arrived for us. The sun is shining, and it looks like this week might be a good week to go for a couple of walks to just enjoy some nice weather.

We are starting to see more green around us and that is also helping because it means that all the trees and flowers are starting to come to life for another year. Being able to get out for a little while some days when it is warm out always makes us both feel a lot better.

Welcome - here is the piece that I started last week, and it got just a bit of attention this week. I decided to continue to work on the castle as I figure that looks like the most stitches, so it would be nice to see how much of it I could get done.

I didn't spend a lot of time on this project this week, but at least I was able to get some of it moved forward, and right now that is what is making me happy. I love seeing that I can at least get something done, even if it isn't a lot. This week I am going to try and get more of this project stitched as I would like to see it closer to being finished. I know that if I focused on it, I could get it done quickly, but this hasn't been a focus yet.

English Paper Piecing - so I finally decided to pull out my English paper piecing again and try and move this forward. This weekend was focused on making more motifs and also working on an idea that I have, so now to work on getting the idea to a place that I can see it done. Of course, I still have a long way to go before the idea will look like anything, but at least now I have the idea and can move forward on it.

I also worked on some motifs for the throws that I am making, so that was also nice. I am feeling like I want to get these things moved forward, so I may be focusing on some English paper piecing for a while.

Knitting - I have been doing bits of knitting on a bunch of projects, but nothing worth showing. It is always fun when you end up bouncing between projects and at the end of the week we look at them all and wonder what you really did.

Other projects - I continue to move other things forward, even a bit at a time, but nothing that I want to show. My planner is one of the projects that I am trying to focus on a bit more than I have been because it isn't just a calendar of what I need to do, it is also where I capture other thoughts and things that are happening.

I hope everyone is continuing to find those few minutes each day for yourself, because it is very important. We need to ensure that we are taking care of yourselves so that we have the energy to take care of those around us. I hope everyone has a good week, and hopefully next week I will have some progress to show you.
 

No comments: