Monday, May 23, 2022

Crafting bug and moving things forward

Here it is the start of another week, and I am very happy with the progress I was able to make on things last week. I am now getting back to find that time and joy of crafting again, so now to see what happens in the next little while. I am going to be trying to continue to move things forward as well as get other things finished up.
Pandemic - so this piece got some attention this week, and part of that is because I decided to work on a different section of the pattern and see how much of it I could get done. Instead of working on trying to get areas finished, I decided that I was going to try and work on getting some areas outlined so that when I want to fill in areas it will be a lot easier. Just working on getting some of that done meant I was able to make some good progress on the piece.  I am still under 13% complete on this project, so I still have a very long way to go before I see it finished.
 
Bella Lino Wrap - here is a project that is currently sitting beside in my office, and it is something that I can pull out to work on when I have those few minutes where I can get a row or two done. I have a marker in on the wrap so that I can see how much I did in a week, and I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on it.
This wrap is very easy because the rows are simple and with it being just a two row repeat it means that I don't have to focus on counting stitches, and I can just pick it up and get the rows done. This wrap is going to be about 72 inches long when it is done, so I still have a very long way to go on it, but I am enjoying just sitting and working on it when I have those few minutes.
Dishcloths - I have decided that I am going to try and get back to knitting some dishcloths, as they are quick and easy to get done. This one is just the basic dishcloth, and I was able to get it made yesterday afternoon while I was watching some of the videos that I have to watch. I hope that I can make more of these over the next while, as they make for great small gifts when you can combine them with something else little when you are going to visit someone.
English paper piecing - this week, one of the goals that I had was to start joining the motifs that I have been making for both of the projects.

The first project is the throw that I am making, and those motifs are the bigger motifs so this week I was able to get some of them attached together, and now I would like to continue to get more of these attached and hopefully get this next top of a throw finished up before too long. This project will have 144 motifs on it when it is finished, so it is going to take a bit of time to get there but now that I have started joining the motifs hopefully it will go a lot faster now.
The second project that I am working on is using the small motifs, and this project is going to be for some needle books and items like that. What I am now trying to do is get the motifs all joined together, and then I will be about to make the various items. This project has a long way to go before it is finished, but I am having a lot of fun joining the motifs on this and seeing how quickly the piece grows. The clips on the side are showing me the width that I wanted, so now I will be trying to just make this piece longer.

I hope everyone is finding some time to do the things that you love doing. It might only be a few minutes each day, but at least it is something. I know that finding time can be a challenge but setting aside those 10 or 15 minutes a day are important. I hope everyone has a good week, and maybe next week I will have something else to show you.






 

No comments: