Monday, April 19, 2021

Progress on some items this week

Here it is the start of another week and another week of working remotely and dealing with the various Covid-19 restrictions.  If you are in Ontario you know that instead of a 4-week lockdown it has now been changed to 6 weeks, so now it lasts until the middle of May. Stores have more restrictions on capacity but other than that things are about the same for all of us that work remotely.

Mini Forget Me Not - this project got some attention this week, and I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on it.  I did finish another one of the small pages, so now I have four pages to finish and three of them are full pages.  I am looking forward to seeing how much more of this I can get done as over the weekend I surpassed the 60% completed. 

On the weekend I decided that instead of working in the area where there was a lot of colour changes that I would see if I can make some progress on the top section of the piece. With a bit of effort I was able to get at least a few stitches closer to the top of the design.  I am one row short of the top of the pattern on the corner right-hand side.  Maybe this week I can get that row done, and then I will truly know the side of the design. I will see what stitching I can get done this week as I do have other projects that I need to do.

In Our Garden Many Flowers Bloom - I am happy to see that this weekend I got the border of the design finally stitched.  I am going to see if I can spend some time through this week working on this piece as I would like to move this forward as well.  I am loving how quickly I can see results on this piece so now to see how things go.

There is lots of this one colour in the piece, so I am thinking that I might try and add a bit of a different colour just to give myself a bit of a change. I will see what I feel like when I pick this piece up again as getting more of the words added would also be nice, so I will see what I do.

This continues to be the piece that I try and work on a bit each weekend so let's see what happens this coming weekend.

English Paper Piecing - this week I decided it was time to put some good effort into getting the throw for my mom moved forward.  I didn't get a lot of the motifs added but at least I have been able to get more of the edges sewn together. I am now at a good level because I only have 34 motifs to add to this piece, and then it will be time to figure out how to quilt it and get it all finished up.

Once this throw is finished up it will be time to start to work on the other versions of this throw so will see how things go.  I am thinking that once I have got this one done I will know some of the challenges that something this size has.  I am still going to continue to get the other three done as it will be nice to have all of them done before it is time to curl up with something like this in the fall.

Other projects - I continue to work on my socks a bit each time, but I still haven't finished up the two socks that I have sitting and waiting for the toe decrease. I will see how that goes this week as I am also working on a couple of other projects so will see what happens.

I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing.  Making sure that we all find that time is important for ourselves, but it is also important so that we have the energy to help others as well.  Please continue to stay safe and know that if we all continue to follow the various rules and restrictions we can get back to a normal and start to see friends and family again.



 


No comments: