Monday, September 28, 2020

Progress, a finish and a new start

Here it is the start of another week and the sun is shining and that is a nice thing.  Yes, here in Ontario we are dealing with an increase of Covid-19 cases again so now to see what happens with everything regarding that.  We remain safe and continue to work as much as possible remotely.

Blushing - now here is a project that continues to keep me motivated in stitching.  I am loving seeing how each week the rose changes and the background continues to get filled in.  It still have a ways to go before it is complete but I have to admit that I continue to love this project. 

I continue to try and work on this a little bit each day and weekends are when I can get more time to stitch and therefore bigger areas can get completed. I still have quite a bit of confetti along the side of the rose to complete but I do that a little bit at a time as it makes it a little easier to do.  I am trying to focus on the top left page of the design instead of bouncing all over and that is helping some because now I am seeing larger areas completed instead of areas all over the entire piece.

Socks - now here is the finish as well as the new start. I started this pair of socks last weekend and this weekend I was able to start to knit the second sock in the pair.  Yes, I finished the first sock on Thursday and then immediately cast on for the second one of this pair. I knew if I didn't start the second sock quickly I might want to start another pair of a different colour instead.

I love how the first one turned out and am looking forward to seeing how quickly I can get the second sock knit. I did try and make sure that I have the colours very close to the same on both of the socks and considering how I started the first sock not thinking about the changes I am happy that the second sock is very close to the same set up as the first one.

I have other colours of this yarn waiting to be worked on but I know that I need to make sure that I work these socks in pairs instead of just working one sock of each colour and then try and make the second sock.  


I haven't done a lot of other crafts this week as I have been working on work and these two projects.  Now to see what this week has in store as I know that there are quite a few things that I need to get working on.  I know that work will keep my busy planning a couple of projects for clients and then of course there is the usual monthly work that needs to get completed as well.

I hope everyone has a good week and you continue to stay safe and you find a bit of time each day to do the things that you love.






No comments: