Monday, July 20, 2020

A big finish and some progress

Roses - July 12
Here it is the start of another week and another week of trying to figure out what the new normal is going to be for everyone. In the last week a lot of Ontario opened up a bit more with social distancing rules but Toronto and the surrounding area are still in the second phase of reopening.

Roses - now as I said last week I was getting close to having this piece finished. I was wanting to see if I could get it finished quickly and after sitting and looking at it last weekend I realized that there really wasn't a lot of stitching left to do on the piece and a finish was a lot closer than I first thought.
Roses - July 15

I worked on Roses a bit each day at the beginning of the week and then on Wednesday when I saw how close I was I sat and worked on it until it was done. It was such a nice feeling when I was able to take the piece of the q-snap and hold it up finished for the first time.

Me holding Roses
As you can see in the piece of me holding the fabric it is a large project and I am very happy to have it finished and now it is just a matter of getting it stretched and framed.  This is my very first Heaven and Earth Designs pattern that I finished and I am looking forward to having it hanging on the wall soon.

Blushing - after Roses was finished it was time to figure out which project would get some attention for the rest of the week so I picked up Blushing.

Blushing - July 5
A lot of the focus this week was trying to get some of the black finished up at the bottom on the first page. There is a lot of black in this piece so I figured if I can sit and focus on it for a while over the weekend that I might see some progress.  It was nice to see that I have been able to get at least some of the black done and now to see when I can get the left section of this page finished as it is all black as well.

Blushing - July 19
I am not sure if Blushing is going to be the project that I focus on for a while but at least over the weekend it was what I worked on.


With all the heat that we have been dealing with, I haven't done a lot of other things so now to see how things go.  The weather forecast is still for hot and humid days so I will see what I can get done some evenings.

I hope everyone is finding bits of time each day to do the things that you love doing. I am now off to get some work done and then will see what I work on this evening.


No comments: