Monday, June 29, 2020

Progress on Roses

Blushing - June 21
Here it is the start of another week and another week of working remotely and dealing with a lot of things still not normal.

Blushing - I have once again decided to work on Blushing for a little while and see how much of it I could get moved forward.  I  only spent a couple of hours this week working on it but at least I have once again seen a change in the design.

Blushing - June 27
What was fun this week was working on a colour and discovering that I was almost finished it for the entire design so of course, I had to try and get all of that colour done, and now I am one less colour to worry about. There are still another 88 colours to complete, but it did feel good knowing that I have at least got one of them done.

I am hoping that this project starts to get more attention, but that won't happen until I finish another project that is getting the time right now. Roses continues to be the focus piece right now, and it will be until it is finished.

I would like to ensure that I move this project forward a little bit each week because I am loving all the bright colours in it.  This is one project that for me is so different as a lot of the projects I am currently working on are a lot of greys, browns and black.

Roses - June 21
Roses - here is the focus piece that gets as much attention as I can currently give it.  I still don't have a lot of time to work on it, but I have finally started to see that the end is getting closer. I am happy to say that I now have 15% of the piece left to go and will see when it gets completed.

This week I was able to spend a bit of time most days getting a few stitches in so that was nice.  I once again completed around 1,000 stitches, so it wasn't a lot but at least I was able to get it moved forward. I would like to continue to focus on this piece and hopefully see it completed before too long.  I know I said I wanted it done by the end of September, but it looks like it might be done before then if things go well.  I am not going to say a date that I want it done, but I would like to see it completed before the end of the summer.

Roses - June 27

I have a few other projects that are getting bits of attention.  The English paper piecing runner has got some attention but still doesn't look like much. I have also done little bits of knitting but not enough to show results in a picture.

Work continues and I am also mentoring some college students, so that has been very interesting. The mentoring also has allowed me to learn a lot from the students as well.  Sure, I am their mentor but they are also showing me what it is like being in college at this time.

I hope everyone has a good week and stays safe. May you continue to find the bits of time each day to do the things that you enjoy doing.  Have a good week and I will be around next week with hopefully some more progress on my stitching.




No comments: