Monday, October 16, 2017

Things moving forward

Lady - October 9
This week I decided that I was going to try and focus on only a couple projects again to see if I could make some progress on them. I started the week with a focus on a couple of projects but as you will see things didn't work out as I first thought they would.

Lady - now this was the project that I decided that I was going to focus on to see if I could get the cloak finished and then I might be able to start working on the face and hair.
Lady - bottom section - October 13

Lady - top section - October 13
I finally was able to sit and get some time to work on the cloak and finally got it finished. It feels great to know that now I just have the face and hair to complete and this project will be finished.  It won't be finished quickly as there is still a lot of stitching to do but at least I am seeing that I am going to make some progress quicker on it now.

Halloween Biscornu - October 13
Halloween Biscornu - this project was one that I thought that I was going to be able to make lots of progress on this week but it didn't work out like I figured. I took this project with me to a stitching get together that I go to and figured it was going to be the project that got all the attention.  I started working on the piece and when I went to thread my needle with the thread I discovered that I had left the thread at home.  It was frustrating but that is why I always take a couple of projects with me in case I don't feel like working on a specific piece or if there is a problem with it.

I did get a few stitches added into the piece after I got home and now to see if I can get at least the stitching completed before Halloween.

Tiger Lily - August 17
Tiger Lily - this piece hasn't had much attention for a while so when I couldn't work on the Halloween Biscornu this piece was pulled out and I got a bit of stitching done on it.
Tiger Lily - October 11

This is a full coverage piece so it is taking me a little longer than I had hoped to see some results.  I would like to be able to spend some time stitching on this piece so that I might be able to at least get the top top over to the right edge and then I would be able to see how big this piece really is.

Schlock with Dice - this is the new start for me this week and I wasn't going to start something else but then other things happened so now this piece is getting some attention.  Schlock with Dice is by Howard Tayler and I have stitched this piece before as it was done for an Art Show a couple of years ago.  This year the piece was given to Brandon Sanderson with the condition that he showed it to Howard Tayler.  Well, I found out that Howard hasn't seen the actual piece yet so now I am stitching a version of the piece for Howard so he can have his own copy.

Schlock with Dice - October 15
Schlock with Dice will also be stitched for the Art Show next summer so I figured if I could get a start on Howard's copy I would be happy so that is why I have yet another start.

I haven't had a lot of time to actually sit and stitch this week so now to see if I can find some time this week in the evenings.  I also would like to see if I can get a little bit more done on the Fluffy Meringue Shawl because it didn't get any attention this week either.

No comments: