Monday, October 23, 2017

Another week of some crafting

Lady - October 13
 This week was a week where I was able to find some time in the evenings to sit and craft.  I also found a bit of time over the weekend where I could focus on things and am happy with the progress that I was able to make over the week.

Lady - October 22
Lady - this is a project that I wanted to try and get some time in one so I decided that I was going to try and spend some time on the weekend working on her.

After finishing her cloak and dress last week it was onto her hair and face.  This time I focused on getting some of her hair stitched and am happy with the progress that I was able to make on her.

Mystery Stitch Along - October 22
Mystery Stitch Along - now this is a piece that I had started before and it was sitting and not getting anywhere on it.  About a week ago I picked up the piece and just looked at it to see why I wasn't stitching on it and it finally game to me that I really didn't like the fabric that I was using.  It was difficult to stitch on so that meant I wasn't enjoying stitching on the piece.

This week I decided it was time to put the other version aside and see if i could find some fabric that I would like working on better and I did.  Now after about three hours of stitching I am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on the piece and I like this fabric a whole lot better.

Halloween Biscornu - Oct 13
Halloween Biscornu - I finally decided it was time to sit and actually work on getting the back of the biscornu stitched so that is what I did this week. it actually didn't take me long to do it once I decided to sit and focus on the piece.  Now I just need to sew the biscornu together but I want to make sure that I have a button or something for the centre of it before I start sewing it together.
Halloween Biscornu - Oct21

The finished photo actually shows what the colour is of the fabric.  It is basically a peachy/orange and grey fabric.  I love how the black worked out on this fabric so now to just get it finished off.

Fluffy Meringue Shawl -  my shawl finally got some attention this past week and I was able to get quite a bit of crocheting done on the shawl.  I wanted to see if I could get some of the shawl worked on so this past week it became something that I could work on easily.
Fluffy Meringue - October 9

The pattern is just four rows so now something that is difficult to work on so this past week I was able to find some time to work on the shawl.  I now have just over one more set of rows to go before I think it is finished.

Fluffy Meringue - October 21
 This shawl became a project that I would work on while watching some videos that I needed to watch.  Also it is a wonderful project to pick up and work on while attending webinars and a staff meeting.  Both the webinars and meeting where things I needed to listen to and with no one being able to see me I figured it was a great way to keep my attention on the actual material that was being discussed.  I have found that if I just sit at the computer and try and watch the webinars or listen to the staff meeting I get distracted on some of the other things that I could be doing.  I find that as long as I am not able to click around with my computer mouse while on these items I remain focused on what I am attending.

I have heard that there are quite a few students in University that either knit or crochet during lectures so that they pay attention to the material and it does work.  I know that I spend 7 hours on a course this last week just watching webinars and I am happy that I was able to keep my hands busy while paying attention.  Sure, I wouldn't want to do a difficult pattern but something simple works.


This coming week I hope to be able to find some time to craft but once again work will determine the amount of time that I have.  I don't have any webinars or staff meetings this week so that means that I will have to find some other time to work on the shawl and hopefully get it finished.

How do you stay focused when listening to webinars?

No comments: