Monday, November 28, 2016

Progress on projects

Teal Shrug - Nov 27th
This past week I didn't get a lot of crafting done but at least I can see that I made a bit of progress on a couple of things.

The first project that finally got started was a teal shrug for myself.  I have been wanting to do something with this yarn for a while so finally picked the pattern and started a shrug for myself.  The nice thing about this pattern is how simple it is because other than the ribbing at both ends of the design it is a simple knit one row, purl the other.  Yes something that I can do when I really don't want to do a lot of thinking about anything.

Cirque des Cercles - Nov 27th
The second project that got started this week was a cross-stitched called Cirque des Cercles.  I have this pattern in a different colour being worked on but I wanted something a little easier to work on so I started this on 16 count aida and am using one colour.  The other version is on 25 count fabric and with two colours in the needle at once.

Cirque des Cercles is about 15 inches x 10 inches but I am hoping that it will stitch up quickly on this fabric.  This is part of one evening of stitching so I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on it.

This week I am not sure what crafting time I am going to have as I have quite a few other projects that need my attention so crafting will be fit in when I have the chance.  I would like to see a bit more progress on the shrug this week so that may be what I focus on when I have the chance. The shrug is just one piece so I have to knit it until around 44 inches so there is still a long way to go but I would like to be wearing it when the weather is cold out.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, the green mindless shawl.  The shawl is now off the needles and measures almost 68 inches long by 32 inches wide.  It is now drying as I am blocking it so that is why there is no pictures of it on this post.

Crafting is a great way to end my day as it gives me a bit of time to think through the day but there are days when I don't have the chance to craft.  Crafting does help me stitch my mind back together and even solve some of the issues that I have been working on throughout the day.  Stitching no matter what I am working on can really help me figure out what I have to do the next day and also give me some time to file all those other thing tasks into the various folders in my head.

Work now needs to get done so will see how much crafting I can do throughout this week and the coming weekend.



No comments: