Friday, July 5, 2013

What have I been up to

Baby hats
Now to explain what I have been up to lately is easy.  HATS.  I have been busy knitting and crocheting hats of different sizes.

Yes these pictures are of hats I made a while ago but this process is continuing.  I have decided that I want to get quite a few baby hats made for a Hospital in Sudbury so have been working on them quite a bit lately.  I had set a goal of 50 hats from June 12 - August 1st and so far I think I have completed 30 of those hats.

Child hats
Now to explain why I am knitting child hats is because when it is really hot out this is a project that I can do while sitting on the balcony.  The basic hat that I have been knitting is the grey and blue hat and I know that pattern by heart and I don't even have to measure it anymore.  I know how many rows I need to do for either the sizes that I make.  Ok, just that is being lazy not measuring them but I figure not everyone has the same size head so a quarter inch difference isn't going to matter when the hat is finished.

I have also been working on a couple of baby afghans but don't have pictures of them yet.  Hopefully this weekend I will remember to take some pictures of the afghans so I can post some pictures.

I am still busy with work but am finding that taking the evenings to craft is really helping me feel better.  In a lot of cases I can focus better during the day if I have been able to relax the night before and just working on something small is great.

So now I am going to go and do some work so I can relax tonight and over the weekend and know I don't have any work outstanding.

No comments: